X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myoldtoys
    Veteran Member
    • May 15, 2012

Quarantine Lego build

My daughter and I were looking for something to do last week. We built 21 classic Lego space sets. They represent almost every set from 1979, 1980, and 1981 (and 1 from 1983). It was fun building them with her again. She is used to building modern sets. She commmented about how simple the construction techniques were but how difficult the old instructions were. You have to figure out what parts you need for each step and what was done compared to the last step.

Last edited by Myoldtoys; May 9, '20, 5:06 PM.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Those old space sets were great. I loved the moon base plates they came with.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

Wow! That is fantastic! I've pulled out lego sets for me and the kids too. Perfect way to kill a rainy pandemic day.
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Ninersphan1
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 27, 2009

LOVED these sets, thanks for posting.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Awesome! I had a few of the cheaper Lego Space sets, so lots of good memories there. My daughter is a Lego-maniac. She got in an order from Lego.com on Saturday and has already built and custom-motorized a D-O droid from Star Wars. Lego does indeed make quarantine time go by!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Very nice work, everything looks great, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Awesome! I love those sets. They have long since mixed with a bunch of other Legos... but my kids still play with them.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                Veteran Member
                • May 15, 2012

I took probably the hardest route to collect these sets. Only 3 of them were mine as a child. A large number of them came from a 50lb tub of Lego I bought at D and E collectibles near Pittsburgh for $150. That was such a crazy and memorable day. My daughter was there for that purchase. I remember her looking at me like "Mom's going to be ticked at you." Probably about 70% of the pieces came from that. I bought a couple smaller mixed lots on eBay and filled in all the rest on Bricklink. I like to think I saved some money versus buying them as complete sets. It was a big project.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 27, 2009

That's awsome. I wish Lego still printed on bricks they way the did for these sets. Stickers on Lego still irks me to some extent.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎