Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Quote Originally Posted by cockyhoskins View Post
    As far as I know, this is complete:

https://www.chubops.com/?controller=list&action=chubops

I literally started down the rabbit hole about a month ago. It's amazing how nostalgia hits; meanwhile, it hits for everyone else at the same time too!
    thanks!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Dr. Shrinker! Dr. Shrinker!! He's a madman with an evil mind!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Chu-Bops and Warehouse Records, Tower Records, and Licorice Pizza went hand in hand for my childhood. My brother and I loved them!

I like the artwork on the Star Trek tank top, but I would never wear it.

I had a couple of the Chu-Bops bubble gum records that I picked up at the local Sleazy Stop...er, E-Z Stop. The place earned the nickname due to the huge selection of adult magazines during the 1970s & 1980s. I remember picking up Get The Knack even though I never heard of them before along with the two Pat Benatar albums. Unfortunately, when I went back to pick up more they were all gone and the place never stocked any more. I made the mistake of not chewing or tossing the gum out and left them in the package until I rediscovered them a few years later. The sight of them after being in damp basement was not pretty and I ended up having to toss them.
    Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Images
    I have a vague memory of seeing those Chu-Bops in stores, but I never got any... because there were always so many cool Topps movie trading cards which took precedence for me.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Quote Originally Posted by cockyhoskins View Post
    As far as I know, this is complete:

https://www.chubops.com/?controller=list&action=chubops

I literally started down the rabbit hole about a month ago. It's amazing how nostalgia hits; meanwhile, it hits for everyone else at the same time too!
    Thanks for the link, you saved me a bit of time. I had no idea they did all those Beatles and Stones albums. I wish there were more KISS ones, but the band was pretty much at their lowest point in that era, I'm surprised they made an Unmasked one.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjefferys View Post
    Thanks for the link, you saved me a bit of time. I had no idea they did all those Beatles and Stones albums. I wish there were more KISS ones, but the band was pretty much at their lowest point in that era, I'm surprised they made an Unmasked one.
    I see the Brothers Johnson stomp on there. Michael Jackson was a huge fan of them and we wouldn't have gotten Thriller without that.

I would gladly wear that Star Trek shirt all the way to "My Deadly Years."
    I post in thy general direction!