X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

A Whole display of Chu-Bops- Remember the bubble gum records? I had tons of these and as much as I loved Neil Diamond now, I have to wonder what kid wanted the Jazz Singer back then? I'll take ten now but hindsight is 20/20.

Dr. Shrinker Puzzle- Please buy this before i do. I don't collect all Krofft stuff but man I love Dr. Shrinker at a "Bigfoot and Wildboy" level but just below "Electra Woman and Dynagirl".

Star Trek Tanktop by Donmoor- I am a stern believer in sleeves but if there was anyone to make me break that rule, it's Mr. freaking Spock! Sadly, it's child's size six and I'll never that again.

Hot Wheels MegaForce vehicle- DEEDS NOT WORDS! Oh Man, Megaforce promised to be the next Star Wars but had one problem, it was a terrible movie. Mattel had signed on to do action figures and the like but this was it, a single hot wheel and a video cartridge nobody bought.

Hamburglar Statue- for ****s and giggles, I just searched "Hamburglar" and sorted by "Highest Price" and brother, it did not disappoint! If I had five thousand dollars US (plus shipping) you know that my kids would tell their friends to "pick them up at the Hamburglar house".

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I don't remember Chu-Bops at all. I'm kind of surprised, as the drug store up the street from my house always got in the "novelty" candy, like the Topps Star Wars heads, etc.

I had to look closely at that Trek shirt to see the Talosian hovering in the background. That's a bit of a deep cut for a kids T-shirt. And screen accurate, unlike Mego's "Talos".

Great stuff as always!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

I hadn't thought of Chu-Bops in years, and only had a couple of them. The gum was typical crap, but the miniature albums were cool.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        I don't remember Chu-Bops at all.
        Me either. I would have been all over British Steel.
        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Mega Force did have great looking vehicles. Shame the Mega Force Tac Com vehicle hasn't been reissued. Luckily, the Megadestroyer (now called Enforcer) has been repainted and re-released often. I have the metallic purple one from the mid 90s. Bit of Hot Wheels trivia: The Megadestroyer was designed by famous Hot Wheels designer Larry Wood.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by J.B.
            Me either. I would have been all over British Steel.
            Yeah, I don't remember them either but would have picked up British Steel and KISS Unmasked (I realize I'm in the minority that is a big fan of this album). So based on these two albums' release dates, Chu-Bops came out in 1980?

Comment

• cockyhoskins
              Career Member
              • Jan 13, 2009

I had the British Steel, Kiss, Bowie, Blondie ones pictured and a ton more. I've actually been slowly buying them up again, as they go awesome with my basement wall of albums and music memorabilia. I'll probably put a bid in on this lot, just for fun!

Thanks for the heads up! I love the 5 Awesome Things thread.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

chu bops! I loved those little album covers. This is going to send me down the rabbit hole of figuring out what album covers were used.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 13, 2009

Originally posted by rche
                  chu bops! I loved those little album covers. This is going to send me down the rabbit hole of figuring out what album covers were used.
                  As far as I know, this is complete:

I literally started down the rabbit hole about a month ago. It's amazing how nostalgia hits; meanwhile, it hits for everyone else at the same time too!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

wow, I remember having a bunch of the Beatles Chubops. wish I still had those

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
                      As far as I know, this is complete:

I literally started down the rabbit hole about a month ago. It's amazing how nostalgia hits; meanwhile, it hits for everyone else at the same time too!
                      thanks!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Dr. Shrinker! Dr. Shrinker!! He's a madman with an evil mind!
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                          SynthoRes Transmigrator
                          • Oct 24, 2007

Chu-Bops and Warehouse Records, Tower Records, and Licorice Pizza went hand in hand for my childhood. My brother and I loved them!

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

I like the artwork on the Star Trek tank top, but I would never wear it.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                              Career Member
                              • May 14, 2007

I had a couple of the Chu-Bops bubble gum records that I picked up at the local Sleazy Stop...er, E-Z Stop. The place earned the nickname due to the huge selection of adult magazines during the 1970s & 1980s. I remember picking up Get The Knack even though I never heard of them before along with the two Pat Benatar albums. Unfortunately, when I went back to pick up more they were all gone and the place never stocked any more. I made the mistake of not chewing or tossing the gum out and left them in the package until I rediscovered them a few years later. The sight of them after being in damp basement was not pretty and I ended up having to toss them.
                              Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎