X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Update 5/8/2020

I've been getting a lot of requests for reschedule dates for Mego Meet. As of now there aren't any, and there's no guarantee that there will be for this year. Until we have a better sense of when Canada travel restrictions will be lifted and when full assembly of large groups will be permitted in Ohio we can't really lock down new dates. By the time we do know, it may be too late. I will get refunds out this coming week, I simply did not have the bandwidth to process this week.

I am working on some virtual ideas with Chris Noon our trusty auctioneer. We do plan to go forward with the bandwidth benefit bonanza auction, tentatively still on for June 20th, just online using Big Toy Auction. More to come on that in the next few days.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

Thank you for your hardwork and all you do

Comment

• Type3Toys
      Home Of The Type3 Body
      • Jan 18, 2005

A tough call, my heart goes out to you. You truly are essential Steve.
      LOOK
      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

Steve, I wasn't really trying to bug the crap out of you on this so I hope that I didn't pressure you into giving information before you were ready. I just needed to let my work know my vacation plans for the rest of the year. I figured there was a 15 percent or less chance of rescheduling this year. MY plan is to finally get with the times and buy a webcam and interact that way as a placeholder till w can gather. If I don't totally screw it up and get banned from the internet I'll do toy reviews, rants and debut some RandomNoir stuff and maybe do flash sales.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

Thank you, you know my Heart is totally behind this event whether it is or is not happening, Totally behind any decisions you guys make... If it ultimately doesn’t go off it will only mean Next year’s event will be bigger and better!!!

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

Steve,
            Thx for all you do in this realm.
            You can count on me for a donation to whatever the customs auctions looks like.
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

Although I am utterly devastated that Mego Meet is cancelled, I would still like echo everyone's sentiments and say...
              Thank you for all you do to Make Mego Meet Great! I am positive that you will Make Mego Meet Great Again next year!
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

While this gives me time to perfect my custom, I must admit I am absolutely devastated that it's yet another fun event I am missing this year. Still, safety over fun. And with states reopening earlier than they should, I anticipate things getting way, way worse long before they get better.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• BATMAN89
                  Mego obsessed!!!
                  • Jul 20, 2010

Have Mego Meet in July!
                  Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                  My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Sadly, little will have changed, and in facts things could be worse with premature reopenings.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, sad to say, but it would just be a waste of effort and money for Steve to try rebooking a different month (if even possible) to just have to cancel it again. I'm sure the poor guy has a life. There are way too many unknowns and moving pieces right now, best to put everything on hold for awhile until we see how it all shakes out.

Comment

• Flynne
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jan 22, 2003

All I know is that the next time we're all able safely to get together for a Meet that I will be there and ready to hang out with all my friends once again, wherever and whenever that might be.
                        An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

We could reschedule mego meet 2020 to run concurrently with Mego Meet 2021 and call it Mego Meet 20 and 21: Killng two birds with one stone or Mego Meet 2020: Hind sight

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Brue
                            We could reschedule mego meet 2020 to run concurrently with Mego Meet 2021 and call it Mego Meet 20 and 21: Killng two birds with one stone or Mego Meet 2020: Hind sight
                            Mego Meet 20/21: When Will Then Be Now? (Of course the Exclusive Custom would have to be Spaceballs themed)

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• tiinacat
                              Museum Patron
                              • Feb 4, 2015

That would be cool to do flash sales.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡