X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
    Not sculpt...not sure why anyone would want to own a Mego of this. Well, except maybe to make a custom Odin.
    Really, it would be hard to justify the existence of any figure.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      Oh yeah, I remember that guys Caine sculpt and he did a really nice Columbo sculpt as well. I can’t remember his name however.
      Sadly neither can i.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        Oh yeah, I remember that guys Caine sculpt and he did a really nice Columbo sculpt as well. I can’t remember his name however.
        I always wanted to do a custom Columbo, I wish I had seen that sculpt.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Ok, I just googled it. Alex Lopez is the man that sculpted Caine and Colombo. I was shocked to see they were posted in 2009!! How could it have possibly been 11 years ago?! Man...

Anyway, I’m not going to post the images here since this thread is about Lecter, but they’re easily found. Colombo was a 1/6 scale bust as well as just the head. Seems like Mr. Lopez has done some historical busts as well.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Even though i'm not a huge fan of the subject matter I can see where Mego is going with this line and what crowd they are shooting for.

It's basically a 21st Century Tomland Monsters line on steroids

Comment

• JamesB.
              • Dec 15, 2013

As a lifelong fan and collector of vintage Mego figures, and of both classic and modern horror films and memorabilia, I am beyond ecstatic that Mego is making a figure of Hannibal Lecter. He is an iconic character (and one that has not been merchandised to death like some characters), played by an iconic actor, and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS is an iconic piece of cinema - horror, or otherwise.

I think that it's pretty fantastic that the company is creating both classic characters like Lugosi's Dracula and The Fly, as well as later - perhaps more controversial ones - like Linda Blair's Regan from THE EXORCIST, which is also one of the most famous horror films ever made.

I can think of dozens of more horror and cult-themed figures that I wish Mego would create, including many of the Hammer horror characters (Christopher Lee's Dracula, and Creature from THE CURSE OF Frankenstein, Oliver's Reed's Leon from THE CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF, Peter Cushing's Baron Frankenstein, a zombie from PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES, The Reptile, Gorgon, and so on), characters from Amicus films (Grimsdyke from TALES FROM THE CYRPT, anyone?), Vincent Price, Dr. Phibes, Blacula, Count Yorga, Anthony Perkin's Norman Bates, Fulci Zombies, Corbis from THE DEVILS RAIN, Bobbi from DRESSED TO KILL, Harry Warden/Axel from MY BLOODY VALENTINE, the list goes on and on.
              Last edited by JamesB.; May 7, '20, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎