X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

Size of the Hulk

So, mego's are 8" tall, we all know that. My question is, if someone were to make a Hulk custom that reflected his actual size compared to the 8" average human height, how big would that Hulk figure need to be?
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

I think there are dozens of larger Hulks. All kids of sizes from 8 to 16 inches. Doc casted legs to make him equal height with other Megos: Large white muscle body $7 on drmego.com
    Last edited by Brue; Apr 29, '20, 6:54 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Personally, I think 9" or so is the sweet spot where he is bigger than his Avenger pals but not so big that he looks like he should be in a different toy line.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Here are a couple "8" inches and a 12 inch converted by people here.

I am going to make shackles with broken chains, but otherwise it's in the can. This was too much work, but I learned a few things that will make the next attempt better.

Somehow I wound up with an extra pair of vintage Mego Hulk pants and decided to use them on an alternate Hulk I was planning to build on Doc's muscle body. HULK: HEAD - eBay with my paints. BODY - Doc muscle body, dyed with iDye Green then dry brushed by me. PANTS - Probably eBay. As always, I thank you all for stopping by

Comment

• ToyTalk
          Career Member
          • Mar 25, 2020

Thanks for sharing. Those pictures are awesome. I think it depends on which version of the Hulk we are referencing as well. I think he should be a good 1" or so taller, if not maybe 2". I've always enjoyed the stories where he made everyone but Thor look tiny. Made for good, "Puny (insert name here)" lines.
          Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• ddgaff1132
            Persistent Member
            • Oct 3, 2007

I Pieces together my Mego Fantastic Four years ago with all but the Thing. So I substituted a Toy Biz 10" Thing action figure and he looked right. Not sure if Toy Biz made a 10" Hulk but he would probably look right next to the regular 8" Marvel heroes.
            Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

I think the Famous Covers Hulk is probably the best Mego style Hulk out there for the WGSH scale.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Depends on the Hulk.

Grey/60s Hulk - 8.5
                Green 70s/80s - 9
                Professor Hulk - 9.5
                Planet Hulk - 10

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

Im in the same boat here but interested in making Bane... I was considering retooling a 12" torso with other limbs?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎