X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Marx safari series, 1975

I've been slowly acquiring items from the well-made Marx 1975 Safari series. They are in-scale for Mego and Big Jim, though the line has it's own (9"?) figures. The animals work nicely with Lost Continent or Mego's Tarzan. So far I have:

*Gorilla--perfect for Mego, inspired by the larger Big Jim version. Nice also if you want to upgrade Joe's pygmy verison with an action version.

*Crocodile--really nice, I bought one for my Mouth of Doom repro set because my Big Jim wants his croc back.

There are also a rhino, elephant, lion, and tiger. There's a nice capture-cage that might work well with Mego POTA.

Anyone here also a fan of these or collect theline?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I think some of the old Chap Mei animals and new Lanard Jumanji could also work well with Mego.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

I've been curious about this potential crossover… especially the cage and tower for POTA action! Some of the accessories look cool too.

Anyone have pics showing scale/Mego-integration?
      Last edited by Confessional; Apr 27, '20, 8:14 PM. Reason: … Ape City Jail!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, I've heard that off and on for 12 years. Deaf ears.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I checked these out on ebay, and remember having the Gorilla and Crocodile, the fact they were on wheels was cool and they did blend in with mego figures, many battles between mego Tarzan and the Gorilla in my backyard jungle.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The gorilla is 6.5" tall and comes with a net--very BG-inspired. The croc is comparable to BG but has more detail, the jaws are manual, and rolls.

According to Hake's , the figures are 8", so I think the tower and vehicles should be Mego-compatible. I too, am curious regarding the cage dimensions.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 27, '20, 9:11 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

The lion and tiger tempt me, but they have rubber tails that tend to go gummy. Chap-Mei versions are likely cheaper & more durable.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Yeah, I've heard that off and on for 12 years. Deaf ears.
                  digital cameras are prett cheap nowadays. Heck mine is from 2004
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• J.B.
                    Guild Navigator
                    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    digital cameras are prett cheap nowadays. Heck mine is from 2004
                    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by J.B.
                      Last edited by thunderbolt; Apr 28, '20, 5:47 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

lol These gifs are better than any toys I didn't post.

Comment

• Confessional
                          Maker & Whatnot
                          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ …somebody mentions cool toys around here and the next thing I know I buy a rhino!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Now see, I didn't buy a rhino yet, I have an extra Big Jim one. But you never know. I'm wondering about the cage... I need to ask a seller about dimensions.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I contacted an ebay seller about the cage: about 5.5" x 5.5" x 12" excluding hitch. So it will hold the lion, tiger, or croc but not a Mego unless it's seated.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎