Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Reading about some issues with the softness of the material...is the assumption correct the FTC bodies are PVC?

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by hedrap
      Reading about some issues with the softness of the material...is the assumption correct the FTC bodies are PVC?
      That would be a yes.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

PicsArt_05-02-10.08.57.jpg
        To stand up the body it requires positioning the ankles. Looks great but yes, very soft materials so prone to less friction thus causing looseness in the joints and some parts. Anyone recall the clear GI Joe body? Had same issues.
        But the body looks great overall. No extra hands or bust. So no fist or flat hand poses. The hands are gun holding hands with index finger being retracted. Must be from the manufacturing process of the injected PVC.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Thanks for the intel! Soft huh, we better get 'em outta that sweat-lodge-warehouse before they discolor or melt!

Is the male body made in the same material… I ordered set and was hoping they match.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by SeattleEd
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28007[/ATTACH]
            To stand up the body it requires positioning the ankles. Looks great but yes, very soft materials so prone to less friction thus causing looseness in the joints and some parts. Anyone recall the clear GI Joe body? Had same issues.
            But the body looks great overall. No extra hands or bust. So no fist or flat hand poses. The hands are gun holding hands with index finger being retracted. Must be from the manufacturing process of the injected PVC.
            thanks for the pic!!
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional
              ^^ Thanks for the intel! Soft huh, we better get 'em outta that sweat-lodge-warehouse before they discolor or melt!

Is the male body made in the same material… I ordered set and was hoping they match.
              I haven't had any issues with the quality of the CTVT Type S body; just the same as the original with screws too tight and easily stripped.

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
                I haven't had any issues with the quality of the CTVT Type S body; just the same as the original with screws too tight and easily stripped.
                My Kickstarter ones ( Flesh, AA, GITD and Clear) I didn't have ANY screw stripping with them, and I bought like 10 each of the AA and Flesh ones, and one each of clear and GITD.
                Later made ones after they hit the 8inch Superstore 3-6 months after the KS release, I had one issue with an AA foot stem broke off in a foot ( after a boil to soften to remove to put on
                the Type S Combat boots), but I was able to fix with Gorilla Glue. I always used jeweler screwdrivers with mine, as i'm naturally inclined to use those in my job....

if the newer CTVT 2020 versions are having screw stripping, that's a HUGE concern, as those screws aren't easy to find to replace.
                Lowes and Ace in my area don't have any, the closest I found to match were on Amazon in one of those non returnable 500 piece screw kits for like $13.
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

I posted somewhere that I had gotten 4 figures in the last year, 2 from Mego Meet and 2 from CTVT, and 2 of the 4 arrived with stripped screws.

Are there new regular s-type bodies from FTC yet? Wonder if they are pvc as well.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I should mention that all of my Type S before CTVT (of which I have only ordered five) came from ZICA and 8InchSuperstore; no Kickstarters. I am pretty sure the five I got from CTVT/FTC are a new production run because they were ordered when they came back in-stock, but obviously, I don't know that for sure. The different skin tone makes me believe it's a CTVT/FTC production run too.

I know it may sound silly to say, but I am not a plastic "expert", so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but the quality of what I received from 8InchSuperstore and CTVT/FTC feels the same. And having the same light skin tone throughout really is nice. These are a shade lighter than the regular FTC/CTVT bodies.

Type S Bodies-1.jpg
                    Type S Bodies-2.jpg

I've had a few issues with my older ones breaking at the limbs. But all but the ones I got from ZICA have had some stripped screw issues. Here is the only one I tried to unscrew from CTVT so far:

Type S Bodies-3.jpg

Any advice of getting the stripped screw out?

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

I should mention that all of my Type S before CTVT (of which I have only ordered five) came from ZICA and 8InchSuperstore; no Kickstarters. I am pretty sure the five I got from CTVT/FTC are a new production run because they were ordered when they came back in-stock, but obviously, I don't know that for sure. The different skin tone makes me believe it's a CTVT/FTC production run too.

I know it may sound silly to say, but I am not a plastic "expert", so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but the quality of what I received from 8InchSuperstore and CTVT/FTC feels the same. And having the same light skin tone throughout really is nice. These are a shade lighter than the regular FTC/CTVT bodies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28013[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]28014[/ATTACH]

I've had a few issues with my older ones breaking at the limbs. But all but the ones I got from ZICA have had some stripped screw issues. Here is the only one I tried to unscrew from CTVT so far:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28015[/ATTACH]

Any advice of getting the stripped screw out?
                      Maybe its just the lighting but that CTVT made TYPE-S chest looks smaller than the 8inch superstore one.....

as for your dilemma your gonna need to get a set of these....

I have a set, & they are top notch. Highly recommended, once you bought them, you will wonder why you didn't before...

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by darkbros
                        Maybe its just the lighting but that CTVT made TYPE-S chest looks smaller than the 8inch superstore one.....
                        You are correct. Good catch. I just took out one of each to compare and there is a slight difference. The CAT/ZICA body is the GID on the right and the CTVT flesh is on the left.
                        Also, the screws on the CTVT are longer than the CAT/ZICA body and a new body I received had the screws already stripped.

20200504_112240.jpg

20200504_112101.jpg

20200504_112038.jpg

I have a set, & they are top notch. Highly recommended, once you bought them, you will wonder why you didn't before...
                        I definitely need to get a set of these. My method has been utilizing rubber from either a balloon or glove to generate friction and fill the gaps to make a catch of the screw to get it to turn. Doesn't always work but a majority of the time it does. As for the tools I always go with the jeweler's/small electronic screwdrivers. The ones I have are not the best quality since they are more recent from China that I bought at FRY'S but the best one's I had were from RadioShack that far more solid and less prone to breakage. Those walked away.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                          SynthoRes Transmigrator
                          • Oct 24, 2007

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28015[/ATTACH]
                          It seems that they must be using a drill to screw these in place since it's an efficient method when hundreds of these need to be done. But of course they are getting stripped. I think it would be in the best interest if CTVT or someone else sell these screws in bundle packets. I know some folks may not agree but as this point it makes sense. I could use them for the CAT/ZICA bodies as well.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for the tip. Just added them to my shopping list.

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                              You are correct. Good catch. I just took out one of each to compare and there is a slight difference. The CAT/ZICA body is the GID on the right and the CTVT flesh is on the left.
                              Also, the screws on the CTVT are longer than the CAT/ZICA body and a new body I received had the screws already stripped.
                              Yikers! thanks for confirmation, I thought it looked off......

I definitely need to get a set of these. My method has been utilizing rubber from either a balloon or glove to generate friction and fill the gaps to make a catch of the screw to get it to turn. Doesn't always work but a majority of the time it does. As for the tools I always go with the jeweler's/small electronic screwdrivers. The ones I have are not the best quality since they are more recent from China that I bought at FRY'S but the best one's I had were from RadioShack that far more solid and less prone to breakage. Those walked away.
                              I know what you mean, I was lucky the first time I bought mine I bought two because I was afraid of that exact same thing happening. :walking

This set on Amazon is close to the two sets I have, this is what I recommended to a colleague when he wanted to get a set.....

Comment

• darkbros
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                                Thanks for the tip. Just added them to my shopping list.
                                YW Sprytel!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎