Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Of course we all know there's a long-standing lack of ethnic options in toy history that FTC/CTVT are only a small part of, but I'm not a fan of their taking of existing anglo/white sculpts and putting brown paint on them either. They do however collectively produce a notable amount of product; it's reasonable to propose they can do better with gender and ethnicity with just a small effort.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Confessional
      … little pricey too.
      yeah five bucks more than the regular body is a little out of whack. They just continue to try and price themselves right out of business.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

.. it's reasonable to propose they can do better with gender and ethnicity with just a small effort.
        FTC could do many, many things better with just a small effort or a bit more care.

I honestly don't care about price, if it's well-made or well-designed, it's worth it to me.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Happy the now have the full lineup, but those black heads are just recolored white heads.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Looks like the photos are up for the heads.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by monitor_ep
              Happy the now have the full lineup, but those black heads are just recolored white heads.
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                ...And not well, by the looks of those photos.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

^^ Of course we all know there's a long-standing lack of ethnic options in toy history that FTC/CTVT are only a small part of
                  This part is so true. It is a serious challenge to customizing diverse characters. Sadly, FTC's offerings are the best options we have. I know it is driven by economics... but apparently more people glow-in-the-dark than are Asian or Hispanic.

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                    This part is so true. It is a serious challenge to customizing diverse characters. Sadly, FTC's offerings are the best options we have. I know it is driven by economics... but apparently more people glow-in-the-dark than are Asian or Hispanic.
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      FTC could do many, many things better with just a small effort or a bit more care…
                      You'll get no flippery disagreement from me!… just trying to be diplomatic in my disappointment before placing an order. I'll remain hopeful until the clear plastic shatters upon my brute handling!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

You'll get no flippery disagreement from me!… just trying to be diplomatic in my disappointment before placing an order. I'll remain hopeful until the clear plastic shatters upon my brute handling!
                        ohh don't curse it like that. I have been scratching my head for a while how to do Sue Storm and am hoping this does the trick
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Well, I guess the Yvonne head tends to lend itself better to blackface than the male blackface AA heads.

The Full masked white head would make for a nice and easy Hector Ayala White Tiger custom.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

Just got the clear female body. Looks great but ankles are very weak compared to solid. Hard to stand up figure. Maybe shoes might help or LaserMego can do some Micronaut type feet.
                            PicsArt_05-01-05.44.59.jpg

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                              Just got the clear female body. Looks great but ankles are very weak compared to solid. Hard to stand up figure. Maybe shoes might help or LaserMego can do some Micronaut type feet.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]28006[/ATTACH]
                              I should be getting a clear body tomorrow, and I was planning to make some Micronaut shoes and bracelets for her.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• SeattleEd
                                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                                • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
                                I should be getting a clear body tomorrow, and I was planning to make some Micronaut shoes and bracelets for her.
                                Paul,
                                So looking forward to what you come up with.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎