Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks, darkbros. I have two sets of old jeweler screwdrivers from dealing with electronics over the years, but I like the set you linked better. It looks like it has a nicer grip. I will have to get the Stripped Screw Extractor Set too. In the meantime, I might try the vinyl/balloon method if I need to work on a new body between now and getting the new screwdriver set.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

YW TRDouble. Glad to help....thanks for providing intel on these...I almost pulled the trigger Sunday, I'm glad I waited and saw your post first.
      I may wait til the end of the month...hopefully this feedback here and on FB will get them to look into the QC issues on these...
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I've had better luck using a micro flat head screwdriver with these and using a pair of pliers for the first turn to break them loose
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

Reading this makes me reluctant to try one of these bodies.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

yeah I have too many bodies now with stripped screws so no more for me. plus I issues with the heads and the neck plugs staying on.

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

Those new female heads have some major magic marker eyebrows...LOL!

Dana
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Not just the new ones. Bazinga!
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                  yeah I have too many bodies now with stripped screws so no more for me. plus I issues with the heads and the neck plugs staying on.
                  Still easier to open than all the bodies without screws...

Comment

• Retro76
                    • Aug 4, 2012

FYI - I ordered a couple of the female S types bodies from the CTVT eBay reseller and they appeared good quality to me, but they had a suntan like skin tone that does not match with Mego or other brands for that matter lighter skin tone figures heads. I saw somewhere online that CTVT is now offering a more light skin tone, can anyone corroborate that?

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Order has landed, here's some more feedback for the greater good of the on-going conversation…

1. Male Type-S and female Yvonne clear bodies do not match, as they are not made from the same plastics; female being soft pvc (like all new female bods) which is heat sensitive and can result in limb bends. These are not going to fare well in their storage facility.

2. I'll echo the weak female ankle joints… clearly we're gonna need a fix for that beyond using a boot.

3. The pvc is clearer in the female limbs, which is nicer looking, while the male body is more hazy in appearance. The female torso appears more like the male.

4. Clear Type-S male body screws = 3/5 stripped. Flesh Type-S male body screws = 0/5 stripped.

5. Quality of plastics (although with color shifting) in the original Type-S and Yvonne bodies was/is superior to the current materials. That's really disappointing given the increase in cost. However, the Yvonne body is still best female option if you want a contemporary build me thinks. It's also (finally!) nice to have another female AA body option.

6. I received a free male superhero body, which did come with a nice little connectors kit that was unexpected since the body already has connectors on it for snap on gloves and boots.

7. Several other things I ordered including Ape bandos and shoes didn't even come bagged as they did in the past, rather they were just thrown loosely into a larger bag with the other items.

This is pretty much a standard CTVT experience for me in that you never really know what you're gonna get, and it's always with varied degrees of satisfaction. At least the order was complete and nothing was overly damaged this time around.
                      Last edited by Confessional; May 11, '20, 5:39 PM. Reason: …subtropical lottery!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

I just found out the heads fit fine on a new mego body, I know the prior heads did not.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                          I just found out the heads fit fine on a new mego body, I know the prior heads did not.
                          The new male heads fit on the new Mego bodies?

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

Yeah I tried a masked head and the green arrow head on them and they fit pretty well the older castaway heads do not a little too big in the neck hole area

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

due to that removable neck plug on the type s heads
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                due to that removable neck plug on the type s heads
                                Agreed Joe. I've shown on my FB page how to use plumbers tape on the NuMego body neck stem to use those ( Kickstsrter) Cast Away Hero heads to make a tight fit.
                                I also do that for repro CTVT heads rather than dremel out the neck plug on the NuMego.

But...you can also use the neck plug on those with Type 2 bodies to get those heads to work with them as well.
                                We live in a age of wonderful possibilities.....!

Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎