Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Older SuperHero TV Show?

Images

Older SuperHero TV Show?

I remember when I was a small kid (late 70's or early 80's), my brothers and I gathering around the TV to watch a show about a superhero. He had a van and in the back was an Iron Man style supersuit. He would climb in and lay down. It was like a sandwich press and when it opened he had his suit on. It didn't run a full season if I remember correctly but I'm tired of digging and I can't remember the name of the show. Anyone else remember it?
    Was ToyTalk in a past life.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Exo-Man, 1977 TVM with David Ackroyd. I liked it, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Exo-Man, 1977 TVM with David Ackroyd. I liked it, too.
    Thank God!! I was pulling my last 2 hairs out trying to remember that show.

and I remember this too. I also remember seeing a Super Joe toy or power suit at the time and thinking it was based on this show.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by powersthatbe View Post
    and I remember this too. I also remember seeing a Super Joe toy or power suit at the time and thinking it was based on this show.
    That would be beyond awesome!! That's what makes a great toy, nostalgia

Images
    Been watching it on youtube. I had no idea that Col Potter was in it.

Images
    wasn't there another version in the late eighties or early nineties. Mantis? I can't recall exactly but I think the hero was paralyzed or something and wore an exo suit to walk and fight crime. didn't last long either. wasn't all that good from what I remember

Images
    ^M.A.N.T.I.S. starred Carl Lumbly who would go on to voice the Martian Manhunter on the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited animated series.

I've never seen Exo-Man, but clips of it were used by some clever folks to make a 70s/80s Avengers trailer a few years back.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    ^M.A.N.T.I.S. starred Carl Lumbly who would go on to voice the Martian Manhunter on the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited animated series.

I've never seen Exo-Man, but clips of it were used by some clever folks to make a 70s/80s Avengers trailer a few years back.

Chris
    Holy cow - I have misremembered MANTIS for years. I would have sworn that Keith David was the lead.

This likely won't count but Nightman based on Malibu Comics was pretty cool and awful at the same time. It may have only had one season in the mid 90s. I should try to track that down sometime.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.