X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

The Van Halen Sidewalk Scrawl

So, my Wife likes to use the Nextdoor App (and if you're not familiar with it, like me, it's described as "A social networking platform for local communities and neighborhoods". Anyway, the subject of Van Halen came up. I knew that the band was from Pasadena, but it turns out that Alex and Eddie's childhood house is only less than a mile from our home. We changed the direction of our daily walk to head towards the Van Halen Crib. There's a shed behind that house, which is where they would practice. Took some pics of the home and some nonsense that occurred a block South from it.

"Apparently the guys would frequent the liquor store on the corner and happened to walk by some wet cement. I dug little deeper and confirmed the scrawl is indeed from the Van Halen brothers. Van Halen published a full color, glossy fan magazine called “The Inside” from 1995-2000 where in one of the issue they confirmed this was actually written by them with most people agreeing that it was Eddie."

Crazy. That liquor store is right next door to a restaurant that we used to walk to all the time. We literally walked over VH history without realizing it. That "Scrawl" was made 2 years before Van Halen I dropped.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

that's cool. amazing that the cement has never been redone there. VH1 came out in what, '77? maybe '78

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎