X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

A heavy heart..

It's with a very heavy heart I wanted to let everyone know I will be officially missing Mego Meet this year in whatever form it takes. This was not an easy decision and a combination of factors were taken into account. I like everyone else am wondering about the fate of the event. I hope it happens and everyone who goes has fun. But there is too much unknown for me and I would need to start making plans. I've already been burned once this year on a flight when an event got canceled even with buying insurance. I see more and more people say they will be missing it or probably not attending. I'm just not feeling enthused the way I usually do. The other big factor is an a rare opportunity has come up to buy a nice carded Riddler, the #1 thing on my want list. Because I've been saving for the Meet, I actually have the funds but couldn't do both. So everything put together I decided to go for the "sure thing". Also I'm just coming off a very period when this whole situation started so I'd rather make the decision myself than face possible disappointment in June. I hope everyone understands. Look to seeing you all next year under normal and better circumstances!
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

Each of us has to do what is best for themselves. This will be my first meet in years and years. I truly do hope that it is on. Do not feel bad about your decision though. What has been happening is no joke and needs to be approached with caution. If it were not for the fact that I live in Columbus I likely would not be able to attend either.
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

Mike, I think there will be a lot who miss this year if it happens. There are too many variables for there not to be a negative impact. It sucks but it's reality. It will be a strange meet without you, Mike.
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I think a delay is unavoidable. I hope a cancellation doesn't happen. I'm hoping I can make it to the rescheduled event.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• batmanmc
          mego batman collector
          • Jun 22, 2004

Mike you will be missed im not sure if im going yet . I hope to see you next year .

Comment

• Type3Toys
            Home Of The Type3 Body
            • Jan 18, 2005

Mike you will be missed. I look forward to seeing you each year. I think you made the right decision. I am all registered, but I am still on the fence myself. Having survived covid 19 once, I am just waiting to see what happens. Even megomeet happens on schedule, or even it is delayed, my final decision will depend on what's going on with my virus.
            LOOK
            Action Figure Design & Prototypes
            For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
            To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

We're all over the place right now Mike, don't feel bad. Personally, even if we're clear for a mid-June launch, I'm not even 100 percent certain I would be able to enter the United States.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Completely understandable Mike, you need to do what feels best to you. And many, many people are in similar situations with similar thoughts.

Originally posted by palitoy
                Personally, even if we're clear for a mid-June launch, I'm not even 100 percent certain I would be able to enter the United States.
                That's the big question mark for non-Americans. The current border restrictions have been extended for another 30 days, which will take us to the end of May. June is a big unknown for many things right now, it's too far away in what is a rapidly changing situation.

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

totally with you bro. Even if the Hotel says, C'mon down...I'm not sure about the travel. This virus has screwed a lot of stuff up.

Comment

• mjaycox
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 16, 2008

I understand totally. Guys, in my day job, I have worked coronavirus intensive care units and operating rooms for the last month. This is like nothing I’ve ever seen in my career. It’s just not worth the risk.

Here is hope in 2021 is a better year.

MJ
                    Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• Type3Toys
                      Home Of The Type3 Body
                      • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by mjaycox
                      I understand totally. Guys, in my day job, I have worked coronavirus intensive care units and operating rooms for the last month. This is like nothing I’ve ever seen in my career. It’s just not worth the risk.

Here is hope in 2021 is a better year.

MJ
                      Be safe Matt. I actually got Covid 19 and it was unbelievable.
                      LOOK
                      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Even if things enter "Phase 2" of un-lockdown by June, it still limits groups to 50 people. Add-in Pali not being able to cross the border...

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by mjaycox
                          This is like nothing I’ve ever seen in my career.
                          I keep hearing this from folks like you in the medical profession, and it scares the crap out of me. I don't plan on going anywhere for a long time.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

Reading that it causes strokes. Now we really need to be careful.

Thomas Oxley wasn't even on call the day he received the page to come into Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital in Manhattan. There weren't enough doctors to treat all the emergency stroke patients, and he was needed in the operating...

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎