X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Other Worlds
    • Feb 8, 2009

Just cancelled my mego wholesale order.

Like the title says I just cancelled my Mego Wholesale Order for Wave 8 figures.

The company sent me an e-mail two (2) days ago asking for a 50% up-front payment on my order.

I did not respond right away as I wanted to think about the implications.

They contacted me again today and requested my decision.

Based on the following I made my decision:

1) It has never been the companies Terms for a 50% payment in advance.
    2) The estimated shipping date is sometime in July but that could change.
    3) Photos have still not been released of the figure in Wave 8.

Based on these facts and the current financial crisis facing the entire world I did not think it prudent to accept this order.

Mego is basically asking us to hand over our money for merchandise sight unseen with an approximate shipping date. They are effectively asking us to tie up our money for months.

These figures were originally scheduled to ship in January of this year. I think it's too late for anyone interested in these items now.

The rep advised me that earlier in the year there was a problem with the factory in China. Could it have been the fact that everyone was sick with COVID-19?

It would have been nice if we were keep in some kind of loop.

I was all for a new Mego. I honestly like both Marty and Paul. I have spoken and met with them on multiple occasions.

People are out of work, living on whatever meager savings they have left with little hope for a better future anytime soon. They are not thinking about what figure they are going to buy.

I think that the era of a new Mego has, sadly, been extinguished for good now.

I welcome your feedback and thoughts on this matter.

I hope you and yours are well and stay well.

Thank you.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

A lot of companies that are small or already on the brink of disaster are going to go by the wayside. I personally don't do preorders for the same reason, I don't like paying for things sight unseen. Mego should really be able to show final product by now.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i don't think Mego is done. this is a bump in the road. the product is likely made and sitting in a warehouse waiting for payment and to be able to be delivered. I get not wanting to front the money but I don't see any reason to be so negative about it. Don't order the wholesale at this point. if things change, you can always order then

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

I also received the hasty email....both of them asking for payment up front.....I'm just gonna let em cancel. License to Play has not handled Mego well since they got rid of the six-figure-per-case deal...now it's assortments, pre-order or miss out completely, increased prices, etc..etc..etc..

I'm out of the wholesale game.

Comment

• rykerw1701
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 27, 2007

Any small business is tough to make work, and that includes yours and Mego itself. It's not an area I'd choose to invest real money in, particularly collectibles.

Having said that, I don't think interest in wave 8 is dead, because most of the product is all nostalgia-based anyway. Interest in a more contemporary property, like Game of Thrones for example, is a fraction of what it was a year ago. Interest in Star Trek or Rocky is about the same.

It's strange there have been no pictures of the product and they're changing the terms so drastically. I suspect the impact of the pandemic has really screwed up their production schedule and even impacted the prototype stage, which would be good enough to use for deciding to order. They're looking for cash quickly to fund the next wave, and I wouldn't bank on a July deliverable.

I think Mego will continue to produce product, even this year, just not distributed through big time retail.

And I'll bet they take your order 3 months from now if you want to give them your money then.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Um, picts for all of Wave 8 have been shown allover Facebook in the Mego Ambassadors page, as well as ActionFigureInsider?
            here are links:

MEGO Ambassadors is a community channel, where fans can interact with MEGO management to provide direct feedback, and suggestions. It is also the first place where MEGO fans will we able to see new...

Several horror icons have been turned into retro-style toys for the revived Mego brand in recent years, and the company has revealed at Toy Fair that more

Why certain stores haven't updated their websites are there own issue: Maybe their website staff got furloughed due to Covid-19?

Joel, Marty and Paul said repeatedly product is coming, and if your in Mego Ambassadors on Facebook you can ask them directly!

If I would have to speculate, which is all ANYONE can do now at this point, is that new Product will be out "sometime before the end of the year."
            COVID-19 has messed up deliveries of A LOT OF THINGS, not just Megos. Heck, I have a weekly scavenger hunt just to find hand soap.....megos I'm not worried about.
            Thanks god Toilet Paper, Paper towels, and bottled water are back in stock. But I hear we are going to be losing Bacon, Ham, and Pork Sausages in the next coming weeks....
            :roll

Sit on your money, and wait it out is my thinking. Those dealers who aren't fly by nighters will be back when this is all over.
            the guys who are in it to make a quick buck or who may have been wholesaling just to get their megos will probably be gone.
            Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart will still be here, and ThinkGeek....so I'm not to worried.
            Aside from the Superheroes, I only collect Monsters and Alien Trek from the NuMego, so I'm good this round, as there is only four for me to buy.
            the Superhero releases I'm betting will be out in time for Holiday 2020 this year.
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I also cancelled my order today.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

The only figure from wave 8 that I was planning on getting was the Fly, so it’s not a big deal for me to wait, besides with all that’s going on, I just want to get thru this whole Covid-19 nightmare first.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Still hoping for Hyde, not in a hurry.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

I'm wanting Stan Lee.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 25, 2020

I've been gone from this community and hobby for some years now. I truly hope Mego can keep making a go of it. I've got 7 Series still to purchase.
                      Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by HeartofGlass
                        I've been gone from this community and hobby for some years now. I truly hope Mego can keep making a go of it. I've got 7 Series still to purchase.
                        About the only place I go besides the grocery right now is Target. There's an eclectic mix of the earlier waves scattered around the outerbelt and Polaris.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎