X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Anyone still watching Westworld?

this show has always been hard to follow, with all the twists and turns, but what the hell is going on there? we went from robots run wild in an amusement park to them now escaping and trying to destroy a super brain that controls all of humanity? where did Dolores learn to be so bad ***, and a computer expert?

I don't know, my guess is someone else is pulling her strings and there will be a big reveal on that further down the line

what do you all think? or is anyone even watching it anymore?
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

I'm behind and guess I do have the time to catch up now. Not counting the skit they did last year with Sesame Street, I saw nothing in 2019 from the show.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Yeah I'm watching it and this season is sort of hard to follow. Delores really came to the real world with an agenda that the rest of the audience didn't know about it seems.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

I've stayed in and am really enjoying season 3 the most; it's an intense shift in many ways with Blade Runner overtones.

Yeah, it's certainly mysterious (by design) but the answers are there, however you don't always know the question first. In short Dolores is taking the world apart (by stealing data and gaining systems access), revealing our cruelty and flaws as revenge for the abuse of the hosts. The last two episodes have provided the much backstory for both Westworld (and its other forms) and integration into/from *our* world. Take note of the repetition of the theme that "everyone has a role to play" with everything/one being system data in some way.

I've found that turning up the volume helps not to miss info in the current season… the soundscape/track is nearly constant, at times even grating, and mixed tightly with the dialogue which for me creates some hearing challenges. As a result I miss a line that's important to the story and have to go back and watch it again.

I'm curious how Maeve returns (again and stronger?) since Dolores (as Sato/Musashi) shredded her (although some recaps say he didn't destroy her central control unit [aka brain orb], so she's ready for classic WW ressurrection) pretty easily (and beautifully in blood and 3-D printer goo [mother's milk]) in the first encounter. I think this is where the suggested string-pulling idea may be at work. One Dolores down, three (or four) to go.
        Last edited by Confessional; Apr 14, '20, 11:39 AM. Reason: … The Mother of Exiles, indeed!

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

It’s gets a tad slow at times. Yes, I preferred the old West theme park scenario. But this season shifted and took a different route altogether. I like it, something new...if only they stopped the prolonged slow dialogue at times...but it’s still a big budget well written and fascinating show.

Loved The Shinning theme at the beach!

It’s a damn good show...although Better Call Saul is better...last night’s last 10 minutes was one of the most intense scenes I’ve seen in a long time, great stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector

It’s a damn good show...although Better Call Saul is better...last night’s last 10 minutes was one of the most intense scenes I’ve seen in a long time, great stuff.
            Better Call Saul was intense last night!!

Love that show!
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

the music they play is usually significant in some way, we just don't know it yet. that has been the case all along on this show

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Confessional
                I've stayed in and am really enjoying season 3 the most; it's an intense shift in many ways with Blade Runner overtones.

Yeah, it's certainly mysterious (by design) but the answers are there, however you don't always know the question first. In short Dolores is taking the world apart (by stealing data and gaining systems access), revealing our cruelty and flaws as revenge for the abuse of the hosts. The last two episodes have provided the much backstory for both Westworld (and its other forms) and integration into/from *our* world. Take note of the repetition of the theme that "everyone has a role to play" with everything/one being system data in some way.

I've found that turning up the volume helps not to miss info in the current season… the soundscape/track is nearly constant, at times even grating, and mixed tightly with the dialogue which for me creates some hearing challenges. As a result I miss a line that's important to the story and have to go back and watch it again.

I'm curious how Maeve returns (again and stronger?) since Dolores (as Sato/Musashi) shredded her (although some recaps say he didn't destroy her central control unit [aka brain orb], so she's ready for classic WW ressurrection) pretty easily (and beautifully in blood and 3-D printer goo [mother's milk]) in the first encounter. I think this is where the suggested string-pulling idea may be at work. One Dolores down, three (or four) to go.
                An excellent summation with all the reasons I'm really still digging this show.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                  Career Member
                  • May 14, 2007

I watched the first two episodes of this season for Westworld then I lost track of when the episodes replay.
                  Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎