X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

A few Marvel customizing questions

I just acquired a Mego SpiderMan on ebay. He just arrived today. But unlike the one I had as a kid, this one has regular skin toned hands instead of red ones. I'm pondering on whether or not to get some red hands, but I don't know how to get the regular ones off. Or I am pondering on buying 2 pairs of red oven mitts from either Dr. Mego or Classic TV Toys. One for SpiderMan in which I would put inside his outfit and then paint the web design on the hands. And the other pair of red oven mitts for my Captain America. Which would be easier or more affordable to do concerning Spidey?

Also, if I get the 8 inch Mego Incredible Hulk, I would like to paint him in the shade of green like that of the 12 inch Hulk. Does that shade of green paint exist? If so, where can I find it?

Since I've been watching the 1982 Incredible Hulk cartoon. I was wondering what Mego head would work for Dr. Bruce Banner? I know I could get the tan pants that the Perry White figure wears. I only wish that the torn Hulk pants could come in that color.

Anyway, those are my questions. I would appreciate any feedback or insight from the professional customizers here.

Cheers.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Not a pro but I did stay at a Super 8 last night.

I can't imagine Spidey with the oven mitt treatment. If you're hesitant to try to pull off a pair of hands and swap them - which does take some finesse - you could buy a red body from FTC or an EMCE/Diamond Spidey body with red hands.

I am sure you can get a shade of green that's a match, but getting it in a format that sticks is very tricky. The only way I'd attempt that would be to have vinyl paint mixed at an auto paint store and put in an aerosol can.

If you are trying to stick to Mego for the Banner head, I have seen people use one of the Robin Hood guys. If aftermarket is OK just cruise classictvtoys.com and pick one you like along with some clothes.

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
      Museum Patron
      • Aug 23, 2019

I would go with purple pants on Banner, and a white shirt... a second set, torn up for after turning back... they were purple in the comics. Check out the bigger, more articulated hulk bodies... hulk should not be shorter than the others!
      I’m not an expert, but I play one on tv...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

If you can get the Tony head from 1999 he might work as a fair Bixby. For khaki pants you might want to search Big Jim to better fit the Mego Hulk body.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎