X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Star Trek Space Suit

I'm sure someone else here at the Museum has tried it, so I thought I'd ask... After watching "The Tholian Web" and "Whom Gods Destroy" in the last week -- both featuring the "Star Trek" environment suit -- I began wondering about acquiring and converting the Playmates environment suit to fit a Mego-scale figure. Again, I figured someone else here has done it before.

So, please tell me, does it work well? Easy? Or more than a bit of work to get it to fit?

Thanks!
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

It can be done. There is a guy who used to post here that did a lot of Playmates conversions (and still puts a ton of Trek customs on eBay) that used to do them. If I remember correctly, it was a complicated process and in the end... they look good if the helmet is off but not right if you put the helmet on. I've been wanting to take a crack at it someday myself, so if you give it a try, I would be interested in knowing how it goes.

I'd also love to do the reddish "biohazard suit" from The Naked Time. That seems like it would be an easier one to scratch build... just need to stumble upon the right fabric.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

the helmet is too big but, I've seen it "kinda" work. If I were to do this, I would just go ahead a remake the whole thing rather than resize a 9" Playmates suit.
      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎