X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • censy
    thread killer
    • Sep 26, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight

BTW ! WW looks Hot. I love that drawing of her.
    Me too! She is adorable.

Scott, I think the detention area is a great idea.

Chris

Comment

• Action Martin
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 30, 2007

I'd love to see a Hall of Doom.

Hint hint.
      Scott

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by Action Martin
        I'd love to see a Hall of Doom.

Hint hint.
        Me too...turn one on it's side and voila!

Starbuk---For sure. I put the building itself on the panels you see when you drop the big door down--I like that it gives the effect of opening that building down the middle. It'd be great to put it on the outside of the case so you can see it when it's all closed up if that's not too redundant, I don't know.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by starbuk
          Just a Idea...Instead of the Generic buildings......The Hall of Justice?
          Scott features the Hall on his Justice Headquarters display and on the front of this prototype. I love all of those HoJ images.
          Last edited by Action Martin; May 25, '08, 9:23 AM.
          Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

I was thinking that maybe one of the chambers could be a "hall of heroes", you know "statues" of the various Super Friends and guest heroes (Plastic Man, Flash, Green Arrow, etc.) from each of the seasons taken from the actual episodes. Maybe the other chamber could be the "hall of villains" with "statues" of the Legion of Doom.
            Scott

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Personally. When my daughter saw it. The first thing she said was, "awe Batgirl and...look Supergirl!"

Keep it the way it is. At least for my daughter. The more girls on it, the more she will like it.

Also, the whole "Super Friends" thing. Change the title to "Super Heroes, DC Heroes or the Justice League."
              My brother brought over "Challenge of the Super Friends" on DVD. Both of my daughters laughed so hard at the campiness they had tears in their eyes.
              They are from the JLU generation. That whole "Super Friends" was cool when we were kids but they don't seem to get it.
              They like their Batman, dark and gritty with the Kevin Conroy voice, usually smashing Joker or some villian in the face.
              The whole Batman with the Bob Barker voice dressed in blue telling kids to eat their vegetables puts them into a deep laughter. Not sure why they think that is so funny. I must be from the old school.

Cat
              Last edited by Cosmicman; May 25, '08, 10:06 AM.
              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Is it Toth specific or Super Friends specific?

Originally posted by MegoScott
                The beauty, if you will, of the Dida box is you can put whatever art you want in it. Perhaps the outside of the box has whatever figures you've made customs of.

Batgirl still looks a little weird. Maybe this particular image should just be a really Toth tribute and let's get rid of the hacked up Supergirl and Batgirl.

http://didadisplays.com/protos/hoj/comp4.jpg
                I like it better without Supergirl. She seemed out of place not being a Toth rendition. Captain Marvel, while not a Super Friend, fits in as a Toth and a Mego.
                Last edited by Action Martin; May 25, '08, 10:02 AM.
                Scott

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

Well, we've got 3 versions going here, so I imagine you can have it with or without Batgirl and Supergirl.

This shows how it opens a bit better. Like I said, i don't know if the HOJ should be on the backside or not, what do you think? This is real rough, sorry.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

OMG. That looks smooth.
                    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• livnxxxl
                      Megoholic RocketScientist
                      • Oct 23, 2007

Reading through this thread kind of reminds me of my gf telling the movers where to put her stuff. How about over there. No, On second thought how about over here instead. In any event the artwork looks great and it is a neat project that you are working on. Keep up the great work!
                      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• chalwa
                        Mego Philomath
                        • Jun 8, 2007

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                        Reading through this thread kind of reminds me of my gf telling the movers where to put her stuff. How about over there. No, On second thought how about over here instead.
                        That's design for ya! Everything I work on takes page after page of thumbnail sketches before I even look at a computer. Sometimes no sketch works and the computer work is the ticket. I love the process though. Many ideas overlap into other projects, so I keep as much of the sketches as I have room for. (which ain't much, I tells ya!)

bestest
                        Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
                        The Misadventures of Captain Blog
                        Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
                        I shall be very proud and great.
                        And tell the other girls and boys,
                        not to meddle with my toys.
                        -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• megoscott
                          Founding Partner
                          • Nov 17, 2006

Yeah, this is pretty much what my work is like. "Move that here, move that there. Not that far. Up a bit. Make it green. Not that green. Split the difference. "

This is more fun. It nice to get feedback about what people want, so I'm grateful.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Great project as usual Scott---makes for a great thread (with all the cool pics)
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• livnxxxl
                              Megoholic RocketScientist
                              • Oct 23, 2007

I dabble around with graphics at times for my own personal use. I can relate to what you are saying. I have many different versions of the same type image saved on my PC so I can go back at that particular point if I want to change something. This way nothing is set in stone and it makes editing more easier. Of course those that are in the graphics field such as yourself I am sure already know this. At any rate the final copy is what matters the most. It looks good so far. Keep up the great work!
                              Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• megoscott
                                Founding Partner
                                • Nov 17, 2006

Whatayall think of this? I replaced Batgirl's head with the one from the box and cleaned her up some more. Flipped SG and put her on the side in front of Shazam.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎