Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

You got my daughter chomping at the bit when you showed me the blue print of this earlier. Now she can barely withstand sitting in her seat. I can't wait to own this! She is going to flip out!
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

That's great to hear, Cat, I'll try to do a good job with it.

Scott--Why didn't I think to move Shazam? I've been looking at it too long. Move him over and you get the cape and he doesn't dominate. He was a bit too large, too. Supes should be just a hair taller. Wonder Woman needs work. She had Wendy in front of her so I am trying to graft the WW from the back cover of the SF Treasury onto her side.

BK--Now that you mention it, those shorts have always bothered me. Can we get away with a skirt? It was always to plan to give her skin some paint, GA needs some as well. I beefed up her line too. Next trick will be getting that Batgirl into shape. She comes from smaller and rougher source material.

This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

^ It sorta of looks a little off-balance to me...Supes should be more in the center. Maybe by putting Supergirl back on the end by Captain Marvel and moving Ollie closer to BG, but behind her a little next to Aquaman. I don't have a problem with Supergirl's shorts
        (as a Mego that's what she's wearing)...just remove one of the "whooie" lines.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

WOW !!!
          Thats some Fantastic Improvements Bro. Very Nicely done. Congrats & Kuddos.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

I'm loving it. Might have to get one.

Comment

• Mr Havoc
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 27, 2008

I am down for one. I am totally a supper friends freak. Love it. One sold for sure.

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

Thanks for the encouragement. This is fun to get feedback on the spot. I also really owe Earth2Chris Franklin huge thanks for supplying me with the scans of the Treasury and the Shazam art. It's been a blast working with him on this.

Not sure about the buildings on the bottom--these are kind of random, they need work. I like the abstract cartooney look and they help with covering the missing legs.

I'm at a loss for what to put on the back and sides of the box. A simple cityscape would be nice, but more comic heroes in action is probably called for.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Looks better with Supes more toward the center! For additional artwork on the sides, as far as other comic heroes, you might want to go with Plastic Man, The Flash and the Atom, as they guest-starred on Super-Friends in the early days (along with Green Arrow) before the "Challenge Era" kicked in to gear. Granted there weren't Megos made of them, but it could be a nice nod at what could have been. The other 2 that could be added would be Green Lantern and Hawkman (they debuted during "Challenge"). and it'd still have that 70s DC merchandise feel to it, as those were the primary characters you'd see on stuff back then. In fact, if memory serves, Hawkman, GL and the Flash appeared on the Super-Friends bedsheets that also featured Wendy, Marvin and....Wonder Dog.
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• sauce
                    Removed
                    • Jun 24, 2007

Fantastic!! The buildings feel a bit distracting to me, but I'm sure you'll fine-tune it. I think my biggest concern is how Batgirl and Supergirl are looking at the side instead of the Toy Freak holding the box, like the rest of the characters. They seem more side-panel-y to me because of their poses.
                    Overall, AWESOME! And I can't wait to buy one!!! :-) Bryan

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

The beauty, if you will, of the Dida box is you can put whatever art you want in it. Perhaps the outside of the box has whatever figures you've made customs of.

Batgirl still looks a little weird. Maybe this particular image should just be a really Toth tribute and let's get rid of the hacked up Supergirl and Batgirl.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

I love it, but it still seems unbalanced to me. There's nine people posing for a photo, three of them women. It makes sense that WW and Supes are in the middle, and it makes sense that the batfolks are grouped together. But since you've got two females standing at a slight angle, I'd make them bookends and flip the negative on Supergirl and put her back on the other end. I know it impacts Shazam's cape, but I think it would make it a little more balanced and make the fact the BG and Supergirl are a little off kilter less noticeable with more space between them.

Everybody's a critic:-)

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Looks like you and I were typing at the same time. This one is cleaner for sure! I would pull Cap in a little more:-)

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

Thanks! I'll nudge them all over a bit after I clone that stupid dog out of Robin's glove.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Scott,

I think I do like it all Toth too. Oh and if you want Flash and Atom, they are on that piece you pulled the Shazam from!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• jemboy2004
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 14, 2005

Well I like supergirl and batgirl in the picture alot! but I its not bad with them out either but since I love all the supergirls I'd rather see them in the pic and in the 70s you rarely seen them on a toy so it's a nice plus I think.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎