Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Tick or Treat Studios Hammer Horror Collection

• Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wonderful!!! That Lee Mummy could be a photograph of him!!!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Wonderful!!! That Lee Mummy could be a photograph of him!!!

Chris
      Be warned...Trick or Treat masks NEVER look as good as their promo shots. I have that Lee Mummy and he's completely cross-eyed.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I figured there was some downgrade in quality, but THAT'S very disappointing.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Oooh, The Reptile--one of my favorites!

I'm surprised they didn't do Curse of the Werewolf.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

You always have to remember that it may seem expensive to our 1970s sensibilities, but these are really budget mass produced masks, and will never look like their catalogue photos. It's really amazing these exist in today's market at all.

I have two of their Creepshow masks, and for the price, they are fantastic. A custom mask maker certainly could do much better, but again, for a licensed, mass produced mask, I was impressed.

I'm also very impressed with their Gremlins puppet. I have the standard evil Gremlin, and he's a hoot.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
              You always have to remember that it may seem expensive to our 1970s sensibilities, but these are really budget mass produced masks, and will never look like their catalogue photos. It's really amazing these exist in today's market at all.

I have two of their Creepshow masks, and for the price, they are fantastic. A custom mask maker certainly could do much better, but again, for a licensed, mass produced mask, I was impressed.

I'm also very impressed with their Gremlins puppet. I have the standard evil Gremlin, and he's a hoot.
              I'm afraid I have to disagree. I don't think $60 plus shipping is all that budget for a piece of rubber. Trick or Treat's quality is all over the place. Some of them are beautiful in hand, and others are really, REALLY bad. My Clash of the Titans Calibos was so bad it went in the trash after I spent hours trying to fix the hair. I currently own Darkman, They Live, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, EC Swamp Zombie, Nate from Creepshow...all are gorgeous. Then I had Calibos, two Phantom of the Operas, Creepy and Eerie, which were terrible beyond belief, and my Mummy which as I said, is cross-eyed. So they're about 50/50. My bad quality masks totaled $360. Nothing budget about that...that's a lot of money.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Yes, that can add up to a bit of bread. Unfortunately, I guess you're paying for the licensing, right?

You think it's mostly the hair that is most problematic? Have you done any repaints on them?

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Yes, that can add up to a bit of bread. Unfortunately, I guess you're paying for the licensing, right?

You think it's mostly the hair that is most problematic? Have you done any repaints on them?

A lot of it seems to be the hair. My Phantoms both had a large swath of glue across the top of the head where no hair was applied and the glue had already turned brown. Creepy and Eerie had the same issue as well as cracked and peeling gloss on the mouths from the masks being wadded up and shoved into a tiny box for shipping...and they were ordered directly from ToT.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Speaking as a make-up hobbyist, that's just sloppy hairwork, it's not that hard to lay crepe carefully.

And these should be shipped in large boxes on wig stands IMO.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, the Don Post masks from the 60s weren't cheap in their day and in 2020 money the 1965 $34 Dracula mask would be around $275.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

Amazing masks.

The Dawn of the Dead ones are perfect.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎