X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Update U.S. Presidents

For anyone collecting or is interested in the FTC Presidents line, I dropped FTC an email about the next wave of Presidents, and they said the next release will be in June with George Washington, that’s all they said so far, hopefully will see a couple more released with George.

I also asked if the current line of Presidents will be released loose and or the heads and clothes sold separately?
    they said possibly in the near future.
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

They part out the figures that don’t sell, so I’m kind of hoping they don’t sell so I can buy the clothes.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      They part out the figures that don’t sell, so I’m kind of hoping they don’t sell so I can buy the clothes.
      agreed. you would think that they would have figured this about by now...that many of use just want the heads and outfits, not the clothes.
      its not like they couldn't start doing it, they just want people to be suckers for the higher price point.

I'm personally waiting for the Smirking Mxy head to be parted, along with the Silver Swan.

I'd be shocked if they took a poll and found out they would do better as a parts supplier, rather than an action figure company.
      But they probably already know that....?
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I doubt their license would allow them to just sell parts, but that's just a guess.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TRDouble
          I doubt their license would allow them to just sell parts, but that's just a guess.
          I don’t think you need a license to make President figures. Unless a president invokes “right of publicity”, these kinds of things go largely ignored.

I’m just talking about the clothes anyway, and that wouldn’t matter license or not.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I don’t think you need a license to make President figures. Unless a president invokes “right of publicity”, these kinds of things go largely ignored.

I’m just talking about the clothes anyway, and that wouldn’t matter license or not.
            Oh no, I was thinking about the DC figures because darkbros mentioned Silver Swan and Mxy. Sorry; I should have been more specific.

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

Frankly, I think they should be selling the outfits separately, anyway.

Dana
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble
                Oh no, I was thinking about the DC figures because darkbros mentioned Silver Swan and Mxy. Sorry; I should have been more specific.
                they've parted out DC figures already
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I hope they get to LBJ I need him to meet Batman 66
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

For me I wanted Lincoln so I can add it to my Trek collection, I’ll wait to see if they release him loose for $19.99

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah that only matters if the clothes have brands on them.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎