• toyhunter1970
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 24, 2020

i had he knievel colorforms what a blast

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

I had Batman, and my brother had POTA. It was also interesting to use them together. The Batman one had different arms so you could "animate" him if IIRC.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
        Career Member
        • May 14, 2007

I love Colorforms and wish I still had them all. I had the Batman and G.I. Joe sets along with Dracula's Castle, Star Trek, Superman and Spider-Man. I always had crossovers so the Enterprise crew would beam down the other sets or beam the other characters up and then to the other sets. I don't ever remember seeing Planet of the Apes or Evel Knievel sets at the local stores.

The local Dollar Tree had Forzen and Toy Story Colorforms. They weren't boxed sets but just the background and the figures. I picked up the Toy Story one for my sister. She has yet to open it. I'm thinking of picking one up for myself if they still have any left when I can go non-essential buying again.
        Last edited by ShadowAvenger; Apr 7, '20, 1:20 AM.
        Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
          Veteran Member
          • May 15, 2012

Originally posted by ShadowAvenger
          The local Dollar Tree had Forzen and Toy Story Colorforms. They weren't boxed sets but just the background and the figures. I picked up the Toy Story one for my sister. She has yet to open it. I'm thinking of picking one up for myself if they still have any left when I can go non-essential buying again.
          I bought my daughter colorforms about 6-7 years ago. They were disappointing. They curled and did not stick. I'm sure the originals were made from some awesome materials or processes that are now considered toxic. Kind of like stickers for kids toys now that don't stick.

Comment

• greensavage2000
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 9, 2013

I had the Batman set so it's my winner in this contest. I also had a Peanuts set. I keep thinking I had a couple more but I'm drawing a blank. They were a simple fun that was just relaxing. I will admit that the monochromatic scheme for each piece always bugged me a little but it didn't stop me.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

There was a reissue of a Peanuts set at Target and a Holly Hobby Paper Doll style set.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

I do remember a large one for the Monsters. It was open at the drug store and I played with it for an hour as my parents looked for me one day lol.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Somewhere, my mother has pix of me and my sisters in colonial costumes for the local Independence Day parade, and we were also in the local paper. I was nine then. My coat and breeches were black--in retrospect, I should have reused that costume for a pirate. I did reuse the dickey and cravate for Dracula.
                  my mom was a big history buff anyway, so '76 was totally her thing. we all had to dress up. this is me as king George at 4 years old

king george.jpg

funny thing is, she saved it and we gave it to my son when he was that age and he pretended to be a pirate

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^That's terrific. King George III always makes me think of Schoolhouse Rock's Tea Party--"I don't care!"

Apostrophe, I had the Colorforms Haunted House, too--a fantastic set, it even included a Phantom of the Opera.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      my mom was a big history buff anyway, so '76 was totally her thing. we all had to dress up. this is me as king George at 4 years old

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27886[/ATTACH]

funny thing is, she saved it and we gave it to my son when he was that age and he pretended to be a pirate
                      That King George outfit looks like its a good start to cosplay Mego Blackbeard.

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎