X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Colorforms 1976

If I only could choose one back in the day, this would be an all-day decision and the only thing I'm certain of is what I left behind would haunt me. Which would you have chosen?

To Subscribe to our channel click here:
    This channel is the hub for two websites- The Megomuseum (megomuseum.com) which features the web's leading archive of toys produced by Mego Corporation. Our archive includes vintage commercials, the history of Mego reviews and "Mint Off Card" toy unboxings featuring the latest action figures by Figures Toy Company, NECA and Mego Corporation. PlaidStallions.com- The online archive devoted to 1970s culture and toys including Top Five lists, vintage toy commercials, short films about vintage toys and episodes of "Pod Stallions' the popular podcast hosted by Jason Lenzi (@bbplenzi) and PS founder Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Please subscribe to us, we'd subscribe to you.

Pod-Stallions Facebook group:
    The official discussion group for the Pod Stallions podcast and the Plaid Stallions website. Group Rules- Pretty much anything that we discuss in the show is up for grabs, 70s fashion, toys,...

PlaidStallions Facebook page:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Batman! I still have everything but the box, but man, I love that Infantino/Anderson box. Iconic!!!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

At the time, and now, I'd pick Batman. But I had an Action Jackson one that I played the hell out of.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

The only one of those I had as a kid was the GI Joe one (present from a random relative who didn't know I wasn't much of a Joe fan), but I would have vastly preferred the Batman or POTA one.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I had the Batman set and loved it.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Myoldtoys
            Veteran Member
            • May 15, 2012

I had the Evel Knievel ones.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i definitely had the apes one, probably had Batman too. I had a lot of fun with those as a kid.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Batman, yeah!

I'm trying to recall what I was really into in '76. besides cosplaying the Bicentennial. Mego, SMDM, Pulsar, Electrawoman and Dynagirl, & MOnster Squad.

Think of those last two as Colorforms, wow!!
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Batman, yeah!

I'm trying to recall what I was really into in '76. besides cosplaying the Bicentennial.
                  The bicentennial to me as a Canadian kid was like watching a bar mitzvah, I was fascinated but not part of it and certainly not invited.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Nawd
                    Nawd your head for yes.
                    • Feb 15, 2011

Had the Batman set for sure, I probably had the Apes set too. Loved Colorforms. Still do actually.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                      The bicentennial to me as a Canadian kid was like watching a bar mitzvah, I was fascinated but not part of it and certainly not invited.
                      Even as a goy, you're still a mensch.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

I had Batman so, according to tautological logic, that would've been my choice.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        I'm trying to recall what I was really into in '76. besides cosplaying the Bicentennial.
                        Any pics? I loved the Bicentennial and everything associated with it but I don't know if I would have gone beyond a Spirit of '76 shirt.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

I remember drinking a lot of 7up in '76 trying to get all the bicentennial cans.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Somewhere, my mother has pix of me and my sisters in colonial costumes for the local Independence Day parade, and we were also in the local paper. I was nine then. My coat and breeches were black--in retrospect, I should have reused that costume for a pirate. I did reuse the dickey and cravate for Dracula.

I think I got my Mego Green Arrow that summer, jeez I loved that figure.

Comment

• tay666
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
                              I remember drinking a lot of 7up in '76 trying to get all the bicentennial cans.
                              I was just thinking about those cans the other day at work.
                              Not sure what brought it to mind, but I was trying to remember how far we got on completing the collection back then.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎