X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Clemso stated, "Please reconsider your facts."

Was taking my information from the Mego Museum, as posted above, in relation to the JJ emblem, which confirmed that the emblem has "rounded edges".

Comment

• Jetjungle75
      Career Member
      • Jan 11, 2013

Mmm, hard to imagine that all four corners would all ware out in uniformity over time. How often would it be handled? Surely at least one edges would remain sharp. Perhaps the Mego site should be amended to reflect what Clemso has stated.

The one I have was placed in a cabinet for well over 40+ years, and the former owner (who inherited it last year from the original owner), confirmed that as a boy, when visiting his nan, he was not allowed to play with it. It always remained on display along with a Mego Tarzan figure. However, he was told that one day he would have it. The seller inherited it last year, and it was from him that I got the figure. I have already mentioned this in a previous post.

So given these facts, the head should be identical to the boxed one, as it is in excellent condition and was not played with. Some of the others as featured above are also in very good to excellent condition, yet not one of them, has the same skin tone as the boxed one. Do the skin tones fade over time? If so why has the boxed one not faded?

Furthermore, prior to 2005, what do we know of the boxed figures background? Had it been kept in the box since 1974, locked up somewhere in the dark? Was it ever played with? It just turned up at a market, and was bought by Jane.

Could it be the JJ head has a possible variation like the Mego Clark Kent/Superman head, one being more reddish in colour.

Interesting point to ponder.......

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by Jetjungle75

Was taking my information from the Mego Museum, as posted above, in relation to the JJ emblem, which confirmed that the emblem has "rounded edges".
        So the conclusion that the JJ decal has "rounded edges" was based on how many original decals, do you think?

Comment

• Jetjungle75
          Career Member
          • Jan 11, 2013

I based my assumption on the one featured on the Mego Museum, as being "the" original, after all it does state that the one featured is "original", when being compared to the CTVT decal.

Why would Mego make some with "rounded" edges and some with sharp edges? I appreciate you stating that the one featured has worn around the edges, but all four corners?

Question then, how does the Mego Museum know for certain that the original emblem has rounded edges? Was this based purely on Brian's figure?

As I said, we need to see the pictures of the one in South Africa, that still has its JJ emblem. I understand that the pictures are on Facebook. I am not on Facebook, so unable to see them.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
            Career Member
            • Jan 11, 2013

Perhaps the boxed one that Clemso once owned was either a JJ prototype, or a later produced one using a more reddish head. Seems to have the same type as the Mystery Astronaut. Or could it be that Mego used some of the Mego Batman removable cowl heads, and some of the alter ego Bruce Wayne heads, in order to produce Jet Jungle. I say that because on mine you can see a very faint NY on the back of the neck.

Just a thought....

Sorry I meant to say, NC . If you zoom in you can see a faint NC, on the right hand side of the head. As you know, the Removable cowl BM was inscribed with "N.P.P. Inc".

IMG_20181228_115011_HHT.jpg.449813d9ece125dcb420613c662e312b JET.jpg
            Last edited by Jetjungle75; Apr 8, '20, 4:25 PM.

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

For all things Mego, the MM Galleries are by far the best resource for information, I have contributed information to the MM Gallery myself, but it is not infallible when it comes to the most rare figures where you are basing observations on one or two examples.

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

I based my assumption on the one featured on the Mego Museum, as being "the" original, after all it does state that the one featured is "original", when being compared to the CTVT decal.

Why would Mego make some with "rounded" edges and some with sharp edges? I appreciate you stating that the one featured has worn around the edges, but all four corners?

Question then, how does the Mego Museum know for certain that the original emblem has rounded edges? Was this based purely on Brian's figure?

As I said, we need to see the pictures of the one in South Africa, that still has its JJ emblem. I understand that the pictures are on Facebook. I am not on Facebook, so unable to see them.
                If someone brought you two guaranteed all original JJs. One was a mint in box example, decal is pristine, nice and clean, no wear or stress marks at all and the other was a loose example with a decal with edge wear and all 4 corners worn and blunted. Which one are you going to base your assessment on to what shape the decal is suppose to be?

Comment

• clemso
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 8, 2001

Perhaps the boxed one that Clemso once owned was either a JJ prototype, or a later produced one using a more reddish head. Seems to have the same type as the Mystery Astronaut. Or could it be that Mego used some of the Mego Batman removable cowl heads, and some of the alter ego Bruce Wayne heads, in order to produce Jet Jungle. I say that because on mine you can see a very faint NY on the back of the neck.

Just a thought....

Sorry I meant to say, NC . If you zoom in you can see a faint NC, on the right hand side of the head. As you know, the Removable cowl BM was inscribed with "N.P.P. Inc".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27891[/ATTACH]
                  Can't really comment on pigment tones on JJ head sculpt, but it would be really hard to conclude anything without actual side by side comparison of the boxed JJ and other loose ones. You have different cameras, different computers, different colour calibration, nothing conclusive. Its not like SI/AE's where over many years, 100s of examples have been compared side by side to conclude that they had a unique Mocha skin tone.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 11, 2013

Has anyone seen a picture yet of the one on Facebook (mentioned above), that still has it's JJ decal?

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 11, 2013

So, am I right in saying that in total, there are about eleven Jet Jungle figures out there ( so far). Two boxed, and the rest loose?

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 11, 2013

In addition to the eleven listed above another boxed Jet Jungle has recently turned up. So that makes it three original boxed Jet's out there.

MEGO Ambassadors is a community channel, where fans can interact with MEGO management to provide direct feedback, and suggestions. It is also the first place where MEGO fans will we able to see new...

If you look at my April 20 post above, this one could be the very same one that I mentioned in that post

The one that was posted on the Mego Museum from someone in South Africa who was looking for $13,000.

The box and the position of the figure in the box looks the same.
                        Last edited by Jetjungle75; Aug 26, '22, 8:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎