Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Captain Action Fun

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 17, 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,818
    Images
    10

    Captain Action Fun

    With Yahoo Groups almost shutting down, I ended up archiving the posts and pictures over the past 22 years from the Captain Action group.

    I'm going to start posting up some of the pictures. Sadly a lot of those I'm not going to be able to give credit to who shared them as the archive dump didn't offer that.

    This is some scans from Japan showing some of the advertisement for Captain Action including the Ultraman that wasn't produced.

    These are credited to James tatsunokofan.









    Last edited by drquest; Apr 6, '20 at 9:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 5, 2008
    Location
    near Akron
    Posts
    15,608
    Images
    1
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thank you for doing this, Danny. Another kind gesture that makes this place so great.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

  3. #3
    Hi all!

    Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    With Yahoo Groups almost shutting down, I ended up archiving the posts and pictures over the past 22 years from the Captain Action group.

    I'm going to start posting up some of the pictures. Sadly a lot of those I'm not going to be able to give credit to who shared them as the archive dump didn't offer that.

    This is some scans from Japan showing some of the advertisement for Captain Action including the Ultraman that wasn't produced.
    Those scans would have come from me. That last one in the lot was from a magazine that had small images of a number of vintage toy ads. That gave me the info as to which issue of which magazine the ad came from. I eventually tracked down a copy of that magazine, and it was from that magazine that I made the first scan you showed.

    The two ads came from someone in Japan who was selling copies of the ads, along with some vintage Japanese G.I. Joe ads.

    So, at least those you can tell who they came from.

    James

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 17, 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,818
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by tatsunokofan View Post
    Hi all!



    Those scans would have come from me. That last one in the lot was from a magazine that had small images of a number of vintage toy ads. That gave me the info as to which issue of which magazine the ad came from. I eventually tracked down a copy of that magazine, and it was from that magazine that I made the first scan you showed.

    The two ads came from someone in Japan who was selling copies of the ads, along with some vintage Japanese G.I. Joe ads.

    So, at least those you can tell who they came from.

    James
    Thanks James! I've noted that above.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 15, 2001
    Location
    My Pants
    Posts
    56,606
    Blog Entries
    8
    That Ultraman is what I see when I close my eyes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 5, 2005
    Location
    PDX, OR. Way out West, then up.
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    That Ultraman is what I see when I close my eyes.
    Hah! Right? Imagine the hubbub if that actually turned up?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •