X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Glasslite Action Figure of The Phantom- I've never seen this figure before, I assume it's from the 1990s and possible in conjunction with that (underrated) Billy Zane movie. I don't get surprised often so I really appreciate it when i do.

Blow Molded Mexican Birdman figure- Some kids are Space Ghost fans but I've always been team Birdman. This wonderful, I'm assuming Mexican vinyl figure is actually kind of beautiful.

Buck Rogers store display- I'd love to own something this awesome, it would be a great day if I could look at Buck Rogers every day, although I kind of already do, I'm a sucker for this stuff.

A whole mess of Donmoor Children's Star Trek shirts- Oh how I wanted these as a kid, never got any. I now have a small collection but they don't fit and when I do go to work in a Star Fleet uniform, it's a whole thing....

Fantastic Voyage Johnathan Kidd Costume- I attribute Johnathan Kidd from the Fantastic Voyage cartoon as to why I always wanted an eye patch. I know better now but dang, they're still kinda cool...

To Subscribe to our channel click here:
    This channel is the hub for two websites- The Megomuseum (megomuseum.com) which features the web's leading archive of toys produced by Mego Corporation. Our archive includes vintage commercials, the history of Mego reviews and "Mint Off Card" toy unboxings featuring the latest action figures by Figures Toy Company, NECA and Mego Corporation. PlaidStallions.com- The online archive devoted to 1970s culture and toys including Top Five lists, vintage toy commercials, short films about vintage toys and episodes of "Pod Stallions' the popular podcast hosted by Jason Lenzi (@bbplenzi) and PS founder Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Please subscribe to us, we'd subscribe to you.

Pod-Stallions Facebook group:
    The official discussion group for the Pod Stallions podcast and the Plaid Stallions website. Group Rules- Pretty much anything that we discuss in the show is up for grabs, 70s fashion, toys,...

PlaidStallions Facebook page:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • toyhunter1970
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 24, 2020

awesome that phantom is killer!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I assumed the mask was Nick Fury, given the Marvel characters on the box! I love how his eyepatch still has an eye hole.

That Birdman is sweet, even if he's mostly naked!

Great stuff as always. I wouldn't pass up any of this stuff if I saw it in the wild for cheap.

Thanks for doing this every week.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        I assumed the mask was Nick Fury, given the Marvel characters on the box! I love how his eyepatch still has an eye hole.
        I got the Captain Eagle costume for Halloween one year. The eye patch worked the same way on that costume's mask. Even as a first grader, I knew that was ridiculous... I actually taped in some black construction paper behind the eyehole to try to "fix" it.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Love the Kidd costume, how I miss seeing these Cooper costumes hanging from the ceilings in Kresgies at halloween time.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

^I miss going into Rite-Aid and seeing nothing but shelves of Halloween costumes in boxes. Pure bliss.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Loved the Buck Rogers Golden Books range. That display is awesome.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Whenever you post Buck or Battlestar stuff... I weep inside a little. I love seeing this stuff, because lord knows I'll never own it.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎