Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one looking for commission work while housebound?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Any one looking for commission work while housebound?

So, I'm not sure if any of you are like me, but ever since I was a kid I tend to go through phases. Allow me to explain. I recently saw a DVD at Giant Tiger for three bucks that had 8 episodes of the old Lone Ranger and bought it. After watching them I fell back in love with the show. The phase had begun. I found myself reading about the Gabriel toyline, buying a Butch, washing my Lone Ranger's accessories, buying more DVDs from amazon, etc.

And once the phase is over, I'll latch on to another piece of my childhood for a while. Before Lone Ranger i was coming off a Flintstones kick, rewatching and reading about the old cartoon.

Which brings me to this thread. I am considering a 12 inch skinny body Mego custom of The Lone Ranger. I think the magnetic Robin would be perfect because it's technically the same sculpt. FTC made a white hat for Boss Hogg too. Then comes the suit itself. At first, I was thinking about a 12 inch light blue bodysuit worn backwards with a collar added on, but then I stumbled across this photo which to me looks like the talents of Brain Leitner, but could be wrong.

Anyway, since many of us are stuck home these days, I was wondering whether anyone here would be interested in tackling this as a commission project?

2020-04-01 10_52_46-Window.jpg

CTVT_Bodysuit_6in_MaleLtBlue2.2.jpg
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

You are not alone. I go through phases, too. I will become totally obsessed with something (usually an old TV show, or comic book character, or a toy line), then I need to learn and collect everything about it. It usually lasts a few months, but some can last up to 1 to 2 years. Then, I find another discovery, and move on to another obsession. Fortunately, I do realize that I go through these temporarily phases, so when I see a collectible that's out of my price range, I say myself, "You don't really need to buy this. You know in a year, you won't care anymore. LOL However, I do have permanent obsessions from childhood that have never gone away to this day.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I am pretty sure that’s a Brian Leitner custom outfit, I’ve seen it on ebay.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

You could make this pretty easily yourself. The one below isn't mine but I use basically the same recipe. To upsize I think you can find a 12" white shirt and pants from CTVT and dye them light blue. A little black thread and some generic 12" cowboy gear and you'd have him .

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks. I was looking at their site. I think the white pants for 12” are from Boss Hogg and have fat guy suspenders.
          Good idea tho thanks.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎