X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Kid Flash

Has anyone here ever taken a Mego or FTC Kid Flash and converted him to a proper 8-inch body? If so, just wondering what you used to make the suit or if there is a way to stretch the current suit to make it properly fit the 8-inch body? I am asking because I think it would be cool to complete a New Teen Titans line, but having a child-sized Kid Flash standing next to Nightwing for example looks silly.

Thanks.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

The suit is loose enough that you can probably put ot on a 8" FTC body (which itself is smaller than a vintage 8" body). The existing sleeves combined with molded Doc Mego red gloves may work. For the legs, consider buying a red bodysuit and cutting off the legs to make socks--these can be sewn or glued to the KF suit and the seam will be covered by 8" yellow hero boots.

I did a conversion similar to this in the '80s, it can work and looks decent.

The best solution--though I think FTC will likely do an 8" Kid Flash--might be to order a printed suit from MegoWGSH and add the red gloves and yellow boots.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Wouldn’t the teen head be a bit to small or look kind of weird on the 8” body?

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        The suit is loose enough that you can probably put ot on a 8" FTC body (which itself is smaller than a vintage 8" body). The existing sleeves combined with molded Doc Mego red gloves may work. For the legs, consider buying a red bodysuit and cutting off the legs to make socks--these can be sewn or glued to the KF suit and the seam will be covered by 8" yellow hero boots.

I did a conversion similar to this in the '80s, it can work and looks decent.

The best solution--though I think FTC will likely do an 8" Kid Flash--might be to order a printed suit from MegoWGSH and add the red gloves and yellow boots.
        I have one these and it looks great! I just don't have a head for it :( Story of my customs!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎