X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

My Custom Diorama Backdrop for Mego's Bewitched 2-pack Set

Here's a backdrop I created for my Mego Bewitched set. I've been thinking about making one for a while, but never got around to doing it. But now that I'm laid off from work because of the pandemic, I have plenty of free time on my hands these days, so I spent the weekend making this. As you know Mego already created a partial backdrop for the 2-pack set of the living room set with the french doors and couch, so I decided to make a backdrop of the adjacent wall with the fireplace and bookshelves. It's the same size as the original backdrop (10" x 17") so it can also fit inside the box. I have to purchase a new towel to use for the carpeting because the Stephens' carpet was an olive green color--not blue.
    IMG_20200330_080451.jpgIMG_20200330_081610.jpgIMG_20200330_081650.jpgIMG_20200330_081722.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RonnyG; Aug 2, '20, 1:29 AM.
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

It looks great, seamless. You really captured the look of the original backdrop.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

That is terrific! Now if only Mego Darrin and Uncle Arthur could visit.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
        learning all the time
        • Sep 15, 2010

that looks amazing! fantastic job!
        great how it fits into the box!

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

That really looks far out as Serena would say, nice job.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I had to look at this again, such a fine job.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Thanks everyone for your nice comments!

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Now if only Mego Darrin and Uncle Arthur could visit.
              I have been thinking about creating a custom Darrin. I visited the TV Toys site. and saw some things I liked. For example, the Clark Kent blue business suit looks like something Darrin would wear to work, and I think the Black haired Peter head might pass for a "generic" Darrin, except the side burns are too long.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by RonnyG
                Thanks everyone for your nice comments!

I have been thinking about creating a custom Darrin. I visited the TV Toys site. and saw some things I liked. For example, the Clark Kent blue business suit looks like something Darrin would wear to work, and I think the Black haired Peter head might pass for a "generic" Darrin, except the side burns are too long.
                I was hoping new mego was going to make a Darrin, really wish they did.

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

Here's another backdrop I've been working on the past few days. This is the foyer/entrance area of the Stephens' house. This one was a little more challenging to make because if you're familiar with the show, you know that there's a hallway around the corner that extends back along the staircase. I tried to create the illusion of one but I'm not totally satisfied with it. I think if you look at it from certain angles it works.

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

Love it!

Dana
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• headache
                      • Jul 11, 2019

In case you haven't thought of it, you could put Dr. Zaius in there with Endora, Samantha and Serena. Dr. Zaius was played by actor Maurice Evans, who also played the part of "Maurice" or "Daddy" on Bewitched. He was Endora's husband, Samantha's father.

As powerful a Warlock as Maurice was, Endora could handle him. Maybe, in your diorama, Maurice irritated Endora a bit too much and she turned him into an orangutan. You'd just need to get a nice tuxedo and a cape to dress him in!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

I like what you did with the additional wall in the living room, it fits seamlessly with the original insert in color, style & scale. Regarding the post below, the picture(s) are no longer visible, would love to see that entry way!

Here's another backdrop I've been working on the past few days. This is the foyer/entrance area of the Stephens' house. This one was a little more challenging to make because if you're familiar with the show, you know that there's a hallway around the corner that extends back along the staircase. I tried to create the illusion of one but I'm not totally satisfied with it. I think if you look at it from certain angles it works.

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                          I like what you did with the additional wall in the living room, it fits seamlessly with the original insert in color, style & scale. Regarding the post below, the picture(s) are no longer visible, would love to see that entry way!
                          Don't you hate when that happens. Here you go:
                          IMG_20200404_104243.jpg IMG_20200404_104329 (3).jpg IMG_20200404_104535.jpg IMG_20200404_105001.jpg

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                            Creature Of The Night
                            • May 14, 2011

Don't you hate when that happens. Here you go:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]30655[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]30656[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]30657[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]30658[/ATTACH]
                            That's terrific! And I think you did great with the hallway/stairway issue, excellent work around. I love that portrait too, just perfect! Or as Sam might say, "Marvelous" (minus the sarcasm, of course ).

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for reposting this, I had overlooked it. Very well-done, makes me wish Mego Corp had done more Bewitched & Oz.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎