Thread: My Custom Diorama Backdrop for Mego's Bewitched 2-pack Set

Images

My Custom Diorama Backdrop for Mego's Bewitched 2-pack Set

Here's a backdrop I created for my Mego Bewitched set. I've been thinking about making one for a while, but never got around to doing it. But now that I'm laid off from work because of the pandemic, I have plenty of free time on my hands these days, so I spent the weekend making this. As you know Mego already created a partial backdrop for the 2-pack set of the living room set with the french doors and couch, so I decided to make a backdrop of the adjacent wall with the fireplace and bookshelves. It's the same size as the original backdrop (10" x 17") so it can also fit inside the box. I have to purchase a new towel to use for the carpeting because the Stephens' carpet was an olive green color--not blue.

Images
    It looks great, seamless. You really captured the look of the original backdrop.

Images
    Blog Entries
    That is terrific! Now if only Mego Darrin and Uncle Arthur could visit.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    that looks amazing! fantastic job!
    great how it fits into the box!

That really looks far out as Serena would say, nice job.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I had to look at this again, such a fine job.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Thanks everyone for your nice comments!

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Now if only Mego Darrin and Uncle Arthur could visit.
    I have been thinking about creating a custom Darrin. I visited the TV Toys site. and saw some things I liked. For example, the Clark Kent blue business suit looks like something Darrin would wear to work, and I think the Black haired Peter head might pass for a "generic" Darrin, except the side burns are too long.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    Thanks everyone for your nice comments!

I have been thinking about creating a custom Darrin. I visited the TV Toys site. and saw some things I liked. For example, the Clark Kent blue business suit looks like something Darrin would wear to work, and I think the Black haired Peter head might pass for a "generic" Darrin, except the side burns are too long.
    I was hoping new mego was going to make a Darrin, really wish they did.

Images
    Here's another backdrop I've been working on the past few days. This is the foyer/entrance area of the Stephens' house. This one was a little more challenging to make because if you're familiar with the show, you know that there's a hallway around the corner that extends back along the staircase. I tried to create the illusion of one but I'm not totally satisfied with it. I think if you look at it from certain angles it works.

Images
    Love it!

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt