Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Strikes The SuperFriends Scarecrow is out!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Three Strikes The SuperFriends Scarecrow is out!!

When it comes to the SuperFriends version of the Scarecrow, I consider him to be a BIG disappointment!! And for three big reasons, or should I say, Three Strikes, just like in Baseball.

STRIKE ONE: The skinny body. It looks good, but here's the problem. It is hard as hell to get figures on skinny bodies to pose. Recently, I tried to pose the Scarecrow in a battle scene with Batman and Robin, and when trying to pose him for a pic, Scarecrow's left arm retracted into the body. I tried to pull it back out into place, but instead, it not only came out, but it came off. The domino effect resulted in the right leg coming off as well. END RESULT: Broken figure. I had to toss him in the trash and bought another one. This time, I am careful not to pose him in any positions unless Dr. Mego ever decides to make skinny bodies. At least Dr. Mego's bodies are made of better stuff. Sinestro and Toyman are also a struggle to pose, but then, at least they have boots. But Scarecrow and the Riddler do not along with Black Manta and the Cheetah, which makes them the slip and slide villains in terms of poseability.

STRIKE TWO: I've never seen a bald headed Scarecrow. LOL!! But seriously, unlike the mainstream comics, I have NEVER seen the SuperFriends Scarecrow without his hat. I don't know who at FTC decided to make him straw bald, but it sucks.

STRIKE THREE: The hat!! The one thing that both the SuperFriends and the mainstream Scarecrow figures have in common, the hats are way too big. They do not fit on the heads very well and they fall off easily. I really wish the SuperFriends Scarecrow's head could have been sculpted on like the DC Direct Scarecrow figure, which is far superior. Come to think of it, I wish the Cheetah's head could have been sculpted as well. Even the Mattel Retro Cheetah had a better head sculpt.

I'm still glad to have these figures in my collection. I just wish they had done their homework a little better with some of them. And we're all still waiting endlessly for Giganta.
    Last edited by filmation batman fan; Mar 29, '20, 2:27 AM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

are the clothes too tight to switch over to a Mego body? Its seriously bad that you have to do anything to a 30 dollar figure to get it to be decent. FTC should really own up to its short comings and make things right.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Tell me about the head--is it yellow "straw hair" with just the edges sculpted?

Hats aresometimes a problen for FTC as you note, see also Solomon Kane. Perhaps a Mego Oz scarecrow hat would fit and look better?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Maybe the costume would fit in a type 1? Or a 1-2 hybrid. I've been thinking about that...
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

When the arm came off, did the arm connector break or did the rubber band break? If it was just the band, it’s an easy fix.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
            The Man of Many Voices
            • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Tell me about the head--is it yellow "straw hair" with just the edges sculpted?

Hats aresometimes a problen for FTC as you note, see also Solomon Kane. Perhaps a Mego Oz scarecrow hat would fit and look better?
            I think the head is made out of a pillow cushion type and the straw hair is painted on. And the hat is extremely oversized.
            The only thing FTC did right was the colors of the costume. But I suspect that the outfit won't fit a regular body because of the tightness of the costume.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

S types- and yes! Scarecrow clothes will fit on a mego body.

100_8942.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                are the clothes too tight to switch over to a Mego body? Its seriously bad that you have to do anything to a 30 dollar figure to get it to be decent. FTC should really own up to its short comings and make things right.
                Don’t forget the $10.00 shipping so say $40.00 it would be a better buy at 19.99 a pop with $8.00 shipping.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TrekStar
                  Don’t forget the $10.00 shipping so say $40.00 it would be a better buy at 19.99 a pop with $8.00 shipping.
                  At this point, I feel like it’s just accepted that some fiddling is involved with opening ANY figures.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎