Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Starting the holiday break with more dye experiments. A nice range of from red violet to blue violet. The photo doesn't quite capture it, but the Lizard Skin vinyl took Racing Red dye with surprising results and is now bright metallic crimson.

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

^^^ Cool stuff ^^^

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

…only seems proper to start with the hands.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I've missed some earlier posts. They, and the Phantom, look great.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

…day two, out comes the needle and red thread!

Last edited by Confessional; Feb 27, '21, 6:21 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Ye gods, you are my hero!

Are you adapting that over a bodysuit, or setting-in the lower sleeves and hose?

And what basis for the pumps?
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 27, '21, 7:59 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I was thinking back to the conversation we had about him, muttering "it must be done, it just must be done!"

So as much as I didn't like what he came with, I thought those bits could be used with a restyling. So I assembled what I had lying around and ordered a whole bunch of red items from CTVT to attempt this Mego-like-trickery.

Yes, Drac body, with a red bodysuit which has four stitches on the back of each leg from calf to ankle, and also stitched at the wrists. The original outfit is turned around and pulled to the knees and elbows, creating volume. I added red elastic just under each knee, holding the pants in that shape. The shoes are cut from CTVT red motorcycle boots, and I'll also be using their black witch hunter hat and deluxe red cape with additional modifications.

I've already cut and stitched a red head scarf, and the white collar comes next. Finding the right plumage for the hat is a challenge… ostrich could work. Lastly, that awesome staff is going to need sculpted. Love on!

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

…"Beneath your dancing feet are the tombs of tortured men! Thus does The Red Death rebuke your merriment!"

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Experimenting… the truth is prettier under all that paint, and the new fabrics are very (Rit DyeMore) resistant.

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Getting back to finishing some old projects too, including an exciting convergence of green!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Green is my favorite color, can't guess what that might be but I'm interested,

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Confessional
                          Getting back to finishing some old projects too, including an exciting convergence of green!

I'm picking up a "Return to the Planet of the Apes" vibe here...

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Indeed… trying to give life and dimension to the design that was largely monochrome. Gonna be a fun sculpt to do.

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Confessional
                              ^^ Indeed… trying to give life and dimension to the design that was largely monochrome. Gonna be a fun sculpt to do.
                              It'll be cool to see what you come up with...

Comment

• Confessional
                                Maker & Whatnot
                                • Aug 8, 2012

The new Apes continue to be fun to mess with.

That's Mr. Leitner's three-piece ensemble on a new Zaius with a portly torso and some other custom bits.

Last edited by Confessional; Oct 23, '21, 9:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎