X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Electra Woman Halloween Costume- I actually own one of these, it's one of the nicest pieces of Merchandise the show got and it got some respectable stuff!

Torak GI Joe Falcon Reproduction- So this isn't original but it is a pretty brilliant recreation of the crazy cool science fiction characters that Brazilian toy company Estrealla made in the late 1970s. They're sort of like 12" Super Joes and they are rare as hell to find vintage, so I totally support this effort and hope they do characters I didn't already shell out the cash for.

Imperial Inflatable King Kong- I'm tempted to buy this and pretend I have a friend over, I could also blame him for drinking all my bourbon (again!)

Nomura diecast Argo from Starblazers- I used to own one of these but sadly to pay off ironically more Star Blazers toys from Nomura. I miss it, it's really cool.

Space:1999 Colorforms set- As I mentioned in the latest Pod Stallions episode this is a really beloved childhood Space:1999 toy that I was gifted in the early 1980s. I really need to track one down in the Canadian box, where I assume they spell "Colour" the correct way...

To Subscribe to our channel click here:
    This channel is the hub for two websites- The Megomuseum (megomuseum.com) which features the web's leading archive of toys produced by Mego Corporation. Our archive includes vintage commercials, the history of Mego reviews and "Mint Off Card" toy unboxings featuring the latest action figures by Figures Toy Company, NECA and Mego Corporation. PlaidStallions.com- The online archive devoted to 1970s culture and toys including Top Five lists, vintage toy commercials, short films about vintage toys and episodes of "Pod Stallions' the popular podcast hosted by Jason Lenzi (@bbplenzi) and PS founder Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Please subscribe to us, we'd subscribe to you.

Pod-Stallions Facebook group:
    The official discussion group for the Pod Stallions podcast and the Plaid Stallions website. Group Rules- Pretty much anything that we discuss in the show is up for grabs, 70s fashion, toys,...

PlaidStallions Facebook page:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Nice to see the Vulture and Mary Jane (?) guest starring from the Spider-Man Colorforms set!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I own that Torak and he's awesome! Screams 70's villan.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        I own that Torak and he's awesome! Screams 70's villan.
        Same for me, and I want more!

The Electra-Woman costume is indeeed nice--pretty mask and a cape included. Was Dynagirl also produced?
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 27, '20, 3:30 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

That Yamato is awesome.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• toyhunter1970
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 24, 2020

love the space 1999 colorforms

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Love the Ben Cooper Electro Woman costume, actually I pretty much love all those Cooper costumes, the memories.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^So true. I'd love a nice coffee-table book on vintage costumes.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  ^So true. I'd love a nice coffee-table book on vintage costumes.
                  Agreed. For that matter, I'd love a good book on Colorforms.
                  Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                  Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

I had the Space:1999 Colorforms set as a kid, but I don't know what happened to it, as I don't still have it.

Dana
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎