X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Great Price on a Rotary Tool

I like the Science and Surplus store and saw this nice price on a rotary tool.
    science kits, educational toys, school supplies, arts and crafts, hobby tools, lab glass, electronic parts, science projects, housewares, electronics, supplies, hobby, tools, homeschooling, bottles, discount, closeout, surplus, lights, batteries, ac motors, dc motors, lenses, optics, laboratory glass, microscopes, scales, switches, transformers, audio, books, tape, magnets, slime, insects, animals, anatomy, dinosaurs, beakers, latex, bizarre, strange, weird, eclectic, rare
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I've found that you get what you pay for in the rotory tool world. Dremel or Black and Decker for me thanks.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dr_cyclops
      One eyed, wonder
      • Dec 17, 2009

I purchased a Dremel years ago for customizing. Found it to be way more power than I needed for the delicate work. Of the ten speeds, I could only use the lowest with out friction heat destroying the material. Purchased cheap Harbor Freight rotary tool. Much better for light material work. .

Comment

• ddgaff1132
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
        I purchased a Dremel years ago for customizing. Found it to be way more power than I needed for the delicate work. Of the ten speeds, I could only use the lowest with out friction heat destroying the material. Purchased cheap Harbor Freight rotary tool. Much better for light material work. .
        I second this!!!! Most of the High Grade machines are too Darn fast and just melt the heck out of the plastics. I am currently looking for a more controlled option. I've even considered going back to a regular drill as most vary speed depending how lightly their trigger is pulled.
        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• blastphemey
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 11, 2008

I have a Dremel brand tool as well as a cheap $12 harbor freight rotary tool and I would concur about power output. The dremel is adjustable however even on the lowest setting it can be a bit much, i like having them both if I need to switch

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎