X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toyhunter1970
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 24, 2020

star wars 1978-1979 kenner

Hello question this is opening a pandoras box bot are their any members hear that collect from the first film like the figures and some of the ships like the land speeder ,x wing etc?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by toyhunter1970; Mar 23, '20, 7:02 PM.
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Yes, I've been collecting Kenner Star Wars toys since 1978. I've held on to all my childhood SW stuff and I still pick up the occasional item from toy shows or eBay.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

I've been buying loose figures from the first film. I've had most of the figures from ANH and Empire before. Sadly I sold them off and had to rebuild, here is what I picked up since December.
      IMG_20200323_162311745.jpg

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i still have my original figures, complete. I sold off some of the final 17 figures and most of the vehicles and playsets and plan on selling the remaining. they just take up too much space for me. I'll just keep the figures for now

Comment

• Ranger 3
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 25, 2007

I've collected since 1977/78 starting with the Early Bird kit (I was 8!). Completed my full set of figures with a Yak Face in 1987-ish and continue to buy occasionally.

M

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Got mine when I was 8 as well, and still have them and the vehicles. Bought and sold and ton more over the years. Love them!
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Die Hard vintage Star Wars figure collector here.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Aside from a loose Stormtrooper, I have some loose DieCast Ships, which are my all time favorite Star Wars toys; especially the Y Wing.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  i still have my original figures, complete. I sold off some of the final 17 figures and most of the vehicles and playsets and plan on selling the remaining. they just take up too much space for me. I'll just keep the figures for now
                  Same here. I still have the original 12 figures, the display stand, and a vehicle. But I lost interest in the franchise, and didn't keep up with the sequels and prequels. I sold my Sears Cantina playset on ebay a few years ago when I saw what it was going for. By then, it was just a flimsy piece of cardboard to me, and I found other interests that brought me more joy.

Comment

• Palifan
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jan 18, 2016

I was big into Star Wars for years and have loved and enjoyed the toys since 78. I don't own any of my original toys I played with but as I'm from the Uk I've got mainly a Palitoy collection with all the first 30 characters released on complete original resealed cards as well as the Palitoy versions of the Death Star, x-wing, land speeder and Cantina as well as a bunch of things from ESB and Jedi.

Star Wars really kicked my collecting habit off in a big way years ago although now a days I tend to focus on monster related items and figures in the Mego scale. I'm sure one day we'll see SW done in the Mego style and I can imagine that they would have massive appeal.

Ian

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 15, 2012

The original Star Wars figures are still the favorite toys in my collection. I have around 35 from when I was a child. I stopped buying them in 1982 when GI Joe ARAH came out. In the early 2000's, I bought loose figures and accessories to get to the 77-back level. My most recent purchase was a farmboy Luke that is bright white and has his original saber. I also have my original X-wing, Tie fighter, landspeeder, And Falcon. Also have the droid factory, mail away 12-back stand, and the Sears cloud city playset. All are well played with. Very happy that I kept these guys. Currently don't have any other collecting goal for these though. I have no interest in getting the last 17. I am ocasionally tempted to get more vehicles but they do take up a lot of space.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

I picked up these real cheap, it's pretty cool to see animated versions of Vader and Chewy. The packages even shows the other characters in the wave just like boxed megos did.
                        IMG_20200326_085213251.jpg

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Update on my loose set, I'd like to get obi-wan and Bossek before I call it a day. The market is too high to start going HAM. I chose to pursue megos when vintage kenner was alot more cheap so it is what it is.
                          20201030_134952.jpg

Comment

• ToyTalk
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                            Update on my loose set, I'd like to get obi-wan and Bossek before I call it a day. The market is too high to start going HAM. I chose to pursue megos when vintage kenner was alot more cheap so it is what it is.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]29030[/ATTACH]
                            Call a store called Big Fun in Columbus Ohio. He has a VERY large vintage Star Wars collection to choose from and he is very good with pricing. The owner's name is Jason and his staff is excellent to work with.
                            Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎