Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Bird Avenger in Justice League comic?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Star Bird Avenger in Justice League comic?

My buddy and podcasting partner Shag produces the Justice League International BWAHAHA Podcast. He always posts an image gallery from the issues he's covering, and issue #31 of Justice League America, where Blue Beetle and Mister Miracle redesign the team's shuttle, definitely piqued my toy interest. I bought this issue off the stand, but in the intervening years, thanks to the Museum and Plaid Stallions, I have become aware of the love for Milton Bradley's Electronic Star Bird Avenger toy.

Well, it looks like incoming artist Adam Hughes was a fan as well!!!

Chronicling the adventures of the Justice League International era by Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis! Hosted by The Irredeemable Shag and an ever-changing roster of guest hosts! Part of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK!

Chris
    sigpic
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

What year is that issue from? It definitely reminds me of the Star Bird Avenger. Maybe Hughes had one sitting on his shelf or had one as a kid.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

This issue is cover dated Oct. 1989. And that's what I'm thinking. He had one for reference. Yes, there are changes made, but the basic shape is the same, and it's a fairly unique look.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I always thought the Starbird looked like a kitbash of a Y-wing fighter and and X-wing fighter

They even left in R2D2

Comment

• toyhunter1970
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 24, 2020

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          My buddy and podcasting partner Shag produces the Justice League International BWAHAHA Podcast. He always posts an image gallery from the issues he's covering, and issue #31 of Justice League America, where Blue Beetle and Mister Miracle redesign the team's shuttle, definitely piqued my toy interest. I bought this issue off the stand, but in the intervening years, thanks to the Museum and Plaid Stallions, I have become aware of the love for Milton Bradley's Electronic Star Bird Avenger toy.

Well, it looks like incoming artist Adam Hughes was a fan as well!!!

Chronicling the adventures of the Justice League International era by Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis! Hosted by The Irredeemable Shag and an ever-changing roster of guest hosts! Part of the FIRE AND WATER PODCAST NETWORK!

Chris
          that a great discovery it does look like it

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎