X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego : Closeout Space:1999

In a follow up to last week’s “Closeout Mego Superheroes” episode, we get weirder with a look at the very familiar “Starmen:1999” and their even stranger pal Pitstop Pete! Our Closeout Superheroes video can be found here: Our video about Palitoy Space:1999 video can be seen here: Mego Knock Off HQ Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/231169224543263 MegoMania…

More...
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

These and the baggie Heroes are new to me. I'd love to see if any Trek figures resurface.

Speaking of 70's sci-fi, did any of the 6" Buck Rogers figures mentioned in Bonavita's book ever surface?

Comment

• Spyweb007
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 18, 2006

I am surprised by these close out items you keep finding. I would have loved these figures back in the 70's, I had the Mattel figures but the doll-like bodies always bothered me, although the sculpts were good.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

That was wild. Really makes you wonder what is still out there. Maybe Trek aliens in baggies or Scotty as fighter pilot?
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

It happily amazes me that stuff like this still turns up.

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

That wa awesome.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• scoth70
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 17, 2008

that's mad...im here in the uk where the 1999 figures have been easier to find than other places over the years and never seen any packed like this..

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

great video. I'd love to see Trek versions too

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

surprising! How to prices on these compare to loose and carded?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    surprising! How to prices on these compare to loose and carded?
                    They sold in the Argo catalogue for 2.49 GBP and these are marked 1.60 GBP, considering I believe these were sold in the 80s after Palitoy folded, it is a considerable discount.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Absolutely love the wild tales of closeouts and oddball mash-ups! Oh, and this is great quarantine-content.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎