Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has FTC begun selling new figures on Type-S body yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Has FTC begun selling new figures on Type-S body yet?

As the title says - I am curious.
    I see they are no longer sold out of the Scooby Doo villains.

Curious if anyone has received a new figure that comes on a Type-S by default now.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I doubt it will happen without a price increase.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      I doubt it will happen without a price increase.
      Very likely.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

I need to pick up a Type S body for my Black Adam figure. I was attempting to transplant a Black Adam head from a Mattel Retro Action figure to a regular FTC body and it just didn't look right. I used a leftover neck plug from a Type S body I bight before, but it doesn't seem to want to work properly without the type S body to go with it. Unfortunately funds are tight right now because of this stupid COVID-19 crap.
        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

did they ever make an announcement that they'd start using the body, or did we (I) just assume too much?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

no they did say they would be using it and the Yvonne body down the road, probably have a lot of old style ones in the pipe already tho.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

^^ahh gotcha. thanks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Carded the body quality doesn't mean much. And I bet at least half of the figures they sell never leave the card. Why they would take the cost of using a more expensive body for complete figures while they still have a mountain of earlier bodies wouldnt make sense. Still they did stop using the india bodies for new releases so it could happen at some point.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                  Carded the body quality doesn't mean much. And I bet at least half of the figures they sell never leave the card. Why they would take the cost of using a more expensive body for complete figures while they still have a mountain of earlier bodies wouldnt make sense. Still they did stop using the india bodies for new releases so it could happen at some point.
                  they stated that it would happen down the road. Probably just as they run out of old rubber band figures. I can see them using it to justify a price hike too.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

I called the other day and they told me that they didn’t have a definite date for when the figures would become available.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

type s is 9.99 on the site and the current 8 inch china made body is 7 so expect a price hike when they do.

Comment

• boss
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 18, 2003

So basically Joe... you’re saying there may be a price increase?
                        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

the bad thing is the female bodies have a harder time fitting the outfits and footwear so something would have to be done about that.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡