X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pickermall
    • Aug 12, 2018

Quality of FTC figures?

Hi all... had Megos as a kid and collecting stuff as a middle aged man LOL

I never had a Superman Mego, so I had a Ebay coupon and bought a FTC 8" Superman (just the straight "reissue" version). I got a new in package one, and I REALLY like this figure. Compared to my 1970's Megos, He looks and feels like a real vintage Mego figure (with an upgraded chest insignia that is heat sealed on, not a sticker). I like the fact that he isn't "heavy" like the current Mego figures I have (the Target ones).

BUT I have one small issue. Out of the pack, his head is loose... kind of like a bobble head. Is this normal for FTC stuff or did I get a factory second or something? His head isn't COMING loose, it just flops around.

Otherwise, I think I'm going to start collecting these figures.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

FTC did a pretty nice job with their early repros. Try a vinyl ponytail band around the neck plug to stabilize the head, it's not a second.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 19, '20, 3:25 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

Yeah, a lot of the FTC figures I have purchased have loose or floppy heads. Its just the way they are manufactured.
      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• pickermall
        • Aug 12, 2018

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        FTC did a pretty nice job with their early repros. Try a vinyl ponytail band around the neck plug to stabilize the head, it's not a second.
        Ok... thanks! Maybe a black O Ring would also work? I assume I would remove the head to do this, since I don't want the mod showing...

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

Maybe it's possible with a black ring but I'd advise against it. The suggestion of using a small clear hair band inside the groove of the neck plug works best as several others have applied it and it works.

Comment

• pickermall
            • Aug 12, 2018

Originally posted by jacoblb
            Maybe it's possible with a black ring but I'd advise against it. The suggestion of using a small clear hair band inside the groove of the neck plug works best as several others have applied it and it works.
            Ok... Thanks! I will try it!

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
              Career Member
              • Jul 23, 2019

I recently purchased Martian Manhunter from FTC and, while yes his head was 'floppy' when I opened him, the yellow piece on the front of his belt also immediately crumbled to pieces.
              "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jacoblb
                ^This is what I use, the small clear ones.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

You can get these in a huge pack of them ( assorted colors, including clear) at five below for $3.
                  Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                  https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                    The Man of Many Voices
                    • Aug 30, 2005

That's what I use. Or at least something similar. Small transparent rubber bands. That's what I use to tighten up the heads. As far as the heads go with FTC, there's one of two problems with the heads/ Either they are a little too big or for the most part, they are loose fitting like a bobble head.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎