X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Mmmm....Tonto need hand band.

I’ve recently fell back in love with Gabriel’s Lone Ranger line. I own a complete Lone Ranger with Silver. Also own a Tonto and have a Butch Cavendish coming in the mail.

My Tonto is mint with exception of his headband and was wondering if anyone knew where one could find a reproduction stand in? Doesn’t have to be the real deal as long as it looks the part.

And for the Lone Ranger, while mine is complete, the suit itself is faded and dirty. I watched a few YouTube videos last night on how to wash and dye to restore the suit and I might just try it myself. If I do, I’ll post picks.

Anyone else love these figures? As a kid I always thought there was three figures only with horses. Never knew about the amazing playsets and other figures. Would love to see your collections.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brown Bear
    I’ve recently fell back in love with Gabriel’s Lone Ranger line. I own a complete Lone Ranger with Silver. Also own a Tonto and have a Butch Cavendish coming in the mail.

My Tonto is mint with exception of his headband and was wondering if anyone knew where one could find a reproduction stand in? Doesn’t have to be the real deal as long as it looks the part.

And for the Lone Ranger, while mine is complete, the suit itself is faded and dirty. I watched a few YouTube videos last night on how to wash and dye to restore the suit and I might just try it myself. If I do, I’ll post picks.

Anyone else love these figures? As a kid I always thought there was three figures only with horses. Never knew about the amazing playsets and other figures. Would love to see your collections.
    I had Tonto and he was part of my oddball ensemble with Pulsar and Knight of Darkness that I worked into my Mego adventures. I think if memory serves he got a lot of screen time as Apache Chief.

I think you can dye/color a piece of elastic and weave in some green thread to repro the band

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I just ordered 6mm yellow elastic that should be easy to sew to fit. Than I’ll use a green fabric marker for the accents.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ddgaff1132
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        I had Tonto and he was part of my oddball ensemble with Pulsar and Knight of Darkness that I worked into my Mego adventures. I think if memory serves he got a lot of screen time as Apache Chief.

I think you can dye/color a piece of elastic and weave in some green thread to repro the band

Elastic and green thread that's how I fixed my Tonto...
        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

I have been having a lot of fun with Lone Rangers over last few years. I had 2 as a kid but no Tonto tried many times but reading skills hurt me picking them out(bought Tonto model kit by accident). We learned a weird Phoentic ITA type script in early 70s. I did also have Butch Cavendish that was fun. The thing that made LR more fun for me was understanding that many KOs that were too small for Gijoe were actually meant for the Lone Ranger line. Don't get me started about South American variations, Euro ones ect. I don't own or plan too just fun to see all that is out there. I think they are a great bargain and can be found cheaper than new toys. Restringing can be fun and easy once figured out. Have fun and enjoy. Oh yeah I have a Carson City missing some bits but needs a new home LOL

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎