• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

The Secret Story of TOYS

Not Mego Related but something I thought a few here would appreciate:

This is "The Secret Story of TOYS" by Anthony Ladesich on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Very interesting, thanks. I didn't realize prototypes were recast from original sculpts. Is it the prototype that is used for production molds?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Very cool!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Very interesting, thanks. I didn't realize prototypes were recast from original sculpts. Is it the prototype that is used for production molds?
        The protos and parts that are to be reproduced are cast in resin. It’s scary to send original wax sculpts. Anything could go wrong with them.

The part about it being great and horrible at the same time is spot on.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• alex
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 15, 2009

That was really great to watch, cant believe that someone in the comments section put, most boring video Ive watched????
          Last edited by alex; Mar 18, '20, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            The protos and parts that are to be reproduced are cast in resin. It’s scary to send original wax sculpts. Anything could go wrong with them.

The part about it being great and horrible at the same time is spot on.
            Thanks Andy, I was hoping you'd clarify.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 3, 2007

I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for posting this.
              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎