Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Baby Peggy (Our Gang/Little Rascals)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

RIP Baby Peggy (Our Gang/Little Rascals)

While she actually died last month, I am shocked I missed her passing. Actually, she got very little coverage (which was a shame). Born Peggy-Jean Montgomery, then later, she changed her name to Diana Serra Cary, she was the last of the silent film stars. She was also the last living member of the silent "Our Gang" actors. I am a massive Our Gang/Little Rascals fan!

Her early life was so tragic: multi-millionaire by the age of 5, broke by the age of 7 (her parents squandered all of her millions of dollars from over 150 movies she made). Her tragic childhood was one of the main reasons the Coogan Law was passed in 1938.

Fortunately, she did well in her later life.

She was 101...….
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I recall seeing her interviewed on TCM, and the station did a memorial spot on her.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎