X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Lyle Waggoner, RIP

One of the few TV stars I knew from two shows simultaneously, watching him on The Carol Burnett Show (which I don't think I realized was reruns) and Wonder Woman.

In addition to playing Steve Trevor, he was the 2nd runner up to Adam West in the role of Batman. His screen test is out there for all to see.

Chris
    sigpic
  • toyhunter1970
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 24, 2020

rip col. steve trevor

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Ever seen him in an interview? So affable. I really liked his Trevor in Season 1 of WW. RIP.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• great_chandel
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2, 2015

One of my guilty pleasures growing up was watching "Wonder Woman." Most episodes were so bad, they were actually enjoyable! Lynda Carter was just gorgeous! She had such chemistry with Lyle Waggoner though! He was great on Carol Burnette as well. I was able to get his autograph years ago through the mail.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

That guy was cool in a way I could never hope to be. A great voice too. He had a voice for radio and a face for television.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Lynda did not like Lyle, this is way his parts were cut in season 2 & 3. If WW were to make a 4th season Lyle was cut out.

That being said he will be missed. Still watch him thanks to reruns.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

We need a Mego if this man in both formats.
                JediJaida

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                  Lynda did not like Lyle, this is way his parts were cut in season 2 & 3. If WW were to make a 4th season Lyle was cut out.

That being said he will be missed. Still watch him thanks to reruns.
                  Kind of surprised as she said some nice things about him online?????

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Lynda was known by some to be a sometimes distant and occasionally unpleasant person during the show's production. She had a rather nasty relationship with her then husband, who was very controlling and apparently using her as his meal ticket. Over the years she has apologized in interviews for not being quite as congenial with her coworkers as she could have been. Waggoner himself kind of tiptoed around the fact that they weren't exactly chummy when he was asked about it.

I'm sure Carter looks back on the whole series more fondly now, but at the time her personal life was in a pretty bad place, despite her stardom and fame, or maybe because of it in some ways.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Mego's Neal Kublan filmed a toy fair short (which seems to be sadly lost) with Adam West, Burt Ward and Lynda Carter. He told me Carter was awful, he truly couldn't wait to be done and my memory cheats but I think he did mention the husband as well.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

That's a shame. I just saw him last year at Chiller Theater and he seemed so robust.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎