Originally posted by B-Lister
    Thenthere's absolutely nothing to worry about

Mego Strong!

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Harajuku, Sunday Afternoon.

Brue, words cannot express how much I needed that right now.

Thanks for posting that vid, from the bottom of my heart. I have been missing Japan, and I love P, B & J.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

I'm not sure if the elephant in the room has been discussed recently, I wasn't around here for awhile but I don't see anything posted about it. This event can't be still happening as scheduled, can it? I honestly can't imagine everything will be back to normal in a month and a half, and I personally can't imagine travelling to the US again for a looooong time (and especially not to Ohio if they actually reopen early like they want to, which I personally think is a terrible idea). Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes, just curious.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I can see Trump allowing constrictions be lifted to allow this in a month and a half but doubt Canada will follow suit. The last thing I want is for any of my friends here to catch or spread this awesome virus. I’m rooting for it to be postponed because I care about you guys. Kinda seems like a no brainer at this point.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

I'm not even sure what air travel will be like by June. Right now, if I travel outside of Texas I have to quarantine for 2 weeks.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

If it is postponed, it will allow me time to get my custom perfect.

I hate the idea that it will be, but I anticipate that it is likely (they canceled Comicon). My concern is for the health and safety of my fellow Mego fans. And if that is assured, that's far more important.

That is to say, I'll be slightly disappointed, but I will soldier on.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Columbus is scheduled to gradually reopen beginning 5/1, 'cause the economy is more important than lives. That being said, it's looking like postponement is the only responsible option. There's no pressure to release the space, so I haven't rushed to make an announcement. My gut tells me I'll be calling it soon and issuing refunds.

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

I believe you're right Steve.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

I think that's best. I'll keep working on my custom.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Call it the way you think is best, Steve. All kinds of tough and crazy decisions all over the place right now. It is a disappointment, for sure. But, maybe we can have an online customs auction, and folks can host sales tables in the marketplace. Make due and hold steady for the reschedule or the next year, whichever seems most prudent. I have total faith in your judgement.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

some of the restrictions on crowds sizes and indoor gatherings will impede it. If there is a resurgence in cases as people get out more it will be right back to TP and bacon hoarding.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

We should have it anyway, what the heck--this is 'Murica!! I see a beach reopened in FL and people--literally--fled to it like lemmings.

I'm sorry, I've spent a long week in healthcare dealing with this pandemic and some people--including some of our "leaders"--are deluding themselves. Ignorance is no longer an excuse.
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 18, '20, 7:57 AM.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            We should have it anyway, what the heck--this is 'Murica!! I see a beach reopened in FL and people--literally--fled to it like lemmings.

I'm sorry, I've spent a long week in healthcare dealing with this pandemic and some people--including some of our "leaders"--are deluding themselves. Ignorance is no longer an excuse.
                            its supposed to be limited hours and crowd sizes, but it will thin the herd some more. FLA land of idiots
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I don't wish ill on anyone, I'm just tired, frustrated, and disappointed. Every selfish person who doesn't care about this might infect someone.

I really want to attend Mego Meet and see my friends here and perhaps make new ones. I'm looking forward to an announcement about rescheduling, it's an inportant weekend to me. I think it will be more special after all that is happening when we can meet.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 18, '20, 9:46 AM.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                                Permanent Member
                                • Mar 7, 2011

If we can’t pull off June I REALLY hope it’s rescheduled... This event resets my sanity for the next year

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎