Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I've had some decent online consolation alternatives suggested, and a couple of them might work for a bridge. I'm exploring those now.

A later alternate date/space is a huge challenge for anything in 2020.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I don't wish ill on anyone, I'm just tired, frustrated, and disappointed. Every selfish person who doesn't care about this might infect someone.

I really want to attend Mego Meet and see my friends here and perhaps make new ones. I'm looking forward to an announcement about rescheduling, it's an inportant weekend to me. I think it will be more special after all that is happening when we can meet.
      when I go out in public, judging by the amount of masks I see a lot of people care about this and are concerned. I hope that translates to people not going nuts if some irresponsible governors feel the need to go wide open on May 1st
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        That's understandable. I was just selfishly thinking out loud.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

I've had some decent online consolation alternatives suggested, and a couple of them might work for a bridge. I'm exploring those now.
          I like the sound of an online alternative. With livestreaming, video conferencing, online auctions, etc. I think there is still a lot of goodness that could be shared at a time when folks could use more good things.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            I can see Trump allowing constrictions be lifted to allow this in a month and a half but doubt Canada will follow suit.

Yeah, no way is Canada following suit yet. Plus, Canada and the US just extended the border restrictions for unnecessary travel for an additional 30 days, which would take it to May 21st. After that, who knows...
            And I agree with the rest of what you had to say as well.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Completely understand the challenge, Steve, and am confident you guys will come up with the best way to handle this, I know it isn't easy. I hope you guys don't think I was calling you out on this, that wasn't my intention. I was just curious because it seemed like there was no discussion on this (unless I missed it somewhere, I'm not on FB much) and I thought it odd, as the fate of various events that were supposed to happen over the next several months is a huge topic of conversation in most places.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                Home Of The Type3 Body
                • Jan 18, 2005

My heart really goes out to you Steve! This virus has made your difficult job nearly impossible. As a Covid 19 survivor (yes, I call it survivor) I am more than a little gun shy about even leaving my house now.
                LOOK
                Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                  My heart really goes out to you Steve! This virus has made your difficult job nearly impossible. As a Covid 19 survivor (yes, I call it survivor) I am more than a little gun shy about even leaving my house now.
                  I completely understand. As someone with underlying lung conditions (asthma), I'm extremely wary of leaving my house, and have barely done so in weeks (other than for walks with the family).

Comment

• Type3Toys
                    Home Of The Type3 Body
                    • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by cjefferys
                    I completely understand. As someone with underlying lung conditions (asthma), I'm extremely wary of leaving my house, and have barely done so in weeks (other than for walks with the family).
                    I am now seeing where survivors have become reinfected. I don't know if I would live through it a second time. Either way, I absolutely don't want this again.
                    LOOK
                    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      Completely understand the challenge, Steve, and am confident you guys will come up with the best way to handle this, I know it isn't easy. I hope you guys don't think I was calling you out on this, that wasn't my intention. I was just curious because it seemed like there was no discussion on this (unless I missed it somewhere, I'm not on FB much) and I thought it odd, as the fate of various events that were supposed to happen over the next several months is a huge topic of conversation in most places.
                      I didn't feel called out my friend. My brain and body are moving at the speed of molasses between work and family. We've been quiet because we just haven't had any concrete info.

All I ask is that whatever happens, please remember it's ultimately Robyn's fault. If she hadn't created this place we wouldn't be in this pickle.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Just like Glinda in the Wizard or Oz. She seems nice, but...
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

I didn't feel called out my friend. My brain and body are moving at the speed of molasses between work and family. We've been quiet because we just haven't had any concrete info.

All I ask is that whatever happens, please remember it's ultimately Robyn's fault. If she hadn't created this place we wouldn't be in this pickle.
                          Oh man I completely understand, I feel like I've been moving underwater for weeks now, in an almost dreamlike stasis or something. And I totally get it on trying to make a decision based on the whirlwind of ever changing info that's going on now.

Oh, and

Comment

• Random Axe
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Apr 16, 2008

I certainly don't want to miss A Meet year, but reality is a tough opponent. The Olympics were moved to next year. That's huge. I personally have a lot of money and time invested in this show from an inventory perspective, but health and safety comes first, period. Managing a bank during this crisis has shown me that society actually can adapt on the fly. we quickly took measures of mitigation, changed our hours and some procedures and so far has been okay. My branch is one of a few that still accepts walk in traffic. the rest are drive thru only. So if the banking industry can morph at will so can the Meet. I'll just save our figures for when we do have the show and build more inventory in the meantime. I really have no interest in becoming a mail order service but will do some on a limited basis

John and Berto are family members who have survived and will attest thst nobody wants this ever. I'll miss seeing everyone and will be disappointed but I'll live. A lot of people won't. I'm cool with any decision made. everyone stay safe!
                            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎