X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Coronavirus Concerns?

The Columbus Toy Show was just canceled, and it made me consider possible impact on other events I plan to attend.

Will this have blown over by then? Gotten worse? I'm hoping we don't have to postpone or cancel.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

This is going to be a very real possibility unfortunately. Steve is dealing with this stuff now in his job and knows more than us regarding potential impact and logistic changes. He and Brian will make the best, most informed decision.

I'll personally by crushed by this for the time and money I've invested in Random noir stuff. However, I'll get over it. Some people who are ill will not recover. I gotta think big picture.

PSA: Megomeet will make the best decision based on the best Intel. This is not political or panic. I don't want to see anyone blast them on Facebook if this comes to pass. I certainly hope to see everyone in June, but if not we'll catch up next year.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Random Axe
      PSA: Megomeet will make the best decision based on the best Intel. This is not political or panic. I don't want to see anyone blast them on Facebook if this comes to pass. I certainly hope to see everyone in June, but if not we'll catch up next year.
      full on agreement with this statement. It would be an added bunch of suck to miss out on the meet this year; but if that is the call, then I support that fully.
      In the event that does happen, my positive outlook is that the marketplace here at the museum could possibly have a bunch of cool customs and stuff popping up for sale.

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

yeah, I don't know what these politicians are doing, but we just got word today that a town 50 miles from me has declared State of Emergency and the Mayor has additional powers. Funny, the first three things on the Mayor's new power-list are: Ban Guns Sales, Ban Ammo Sales, ban liquor sales. Really? smh.......
        Our State has now set limits on the amount of people attending events. 250 persons max for indoor events. 500 persons max for outdoor events. Everything is getting cancelled, even the parade this weekend.

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Toylanta next weekend was cancelled today. I'm hoping with the Meet still 3 months out this will have passed enough by then.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• smgraf
            • Oct 8, 2016

The Chicago Toy Show scheduled for April has been cancelled. The Fall show in October is still on as of now. Crossing fingers that the world is back to normal before June.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Don't get me wrong. My concern is for public safety first and foremost. But this is having a definite economic impact.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• tmthor
                God of Knock-offs
                • Nov 29, 2005

Here in MA the collectible show got cancelled this weekend as did the flea markets.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Lexington Comic Con was moved from March 21 to May 14. It is still on. Thinking about going to it.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• batmanmc
                    mego batman collector
                    • Jun 22, 2004

Yes they made me cancel my show .massachusetts gathering no more then 25

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                      Permanent Member
                      • Mar 7, 2011

People let’s not panic we have 3 Months

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

not panicking. just preparing. The NBA isn't even resuming their season till June so this is a fluid situation. kids aren't able to go to prom or even have a graduation ceremony. I certainly want to show the world all the cool Random noir stuff at our tables, but Im ready if we get cancelled/postponed
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

Hence why my thread is titled "concerns" and not "hysterical panic".

I'm concerned enough to be prepared, but optimistic enough to hope it is back to normal by then.

I'm still planning as normal.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

I'm hoping we're on the other side of this by mid-June, but if not I have every intention of rescheduling if possible. I'm making inquiries on alternate dates and locations just in case.

Another consideration is the CMHoF dinner. The shared parenting plan I have with Austin for the Mego Museum customs community legally binds us to do what's best for the child, which honestly I think we'd both do anyway. Whatever Plan B arises, we'll try to cover all the bases.

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

Thenthere's absolutely nothing to worry about

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎