Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The Fla Govner is too beholden to the dollar sign to close the beaches himself. Clearwater finally caved, but not till they get another weekend in.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

I’m so glad no one video taped me for the news when I was their age. I would have come off just as stupid as they do!
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

It's not a shutdown it's a slowdown. Most of the effort is to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed at one time. Like if 50 million people needed medical assistance in one month that would push hospitals past their ability to treat people. The goal is for those 50 million people to get sick at maybe 10 million a week. More manageable. A lot of the deaths that have occurred in Italy and China were because there were too many very sick people at one time. They simply couldn't give them the respiratory aid and healthcare that would have saved many of them.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

saw this and just had to share it to hopefully give you a laugh or at least a smile

No toilet paper? No problem!

"may remove anus "

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Last edited by Hector; Mar 20, '20, 2:02 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

A graduate student in mathematics tries to figure out how long each state has before their health care systems collapse if nothing is changed.

I'm not a mathamagician but everything looks right to me. This is the curve we are trying to flatten.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                saw this and just had to share it to hopefully give you a laugh or at least a smile

No toilet paper? No problem!

"may remove anus "
                That's so funny!!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

New York, Illinois and Connecticut joining California in hide out mode.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

^^yup. And the panic is starting. All the banks are full - all the gas stations are full. Rumor mills are saying banks are refusing to give out cash.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I guess people don't get that you can still get essentials like food and gas.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

The way California did it was smart. They announced at 5:00 PM the total shut down to begin at midnight. There wasn’t much time for panic. I did panic, however, and had to jump up and run to the dispensary because I wasn’t sure if they considered that non-essential. I mean, I’m pretty sure it’s medical!!

New Jersey announced they were going to shut down in 24 hours and sent everyone into a panic.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I don't get the people running to the banks either. I mean what do they think that the banks are going to crash and keep their money? are people that uneducated? do people really not understand that the federal government insures the money up to $250K per account? not to mention with the lockdown there isn't much you can even spend cash on. most people are using credit right now anyway because of the germs being on cash. People are not thinking clearly at all.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

My Gov announced today he's closing Wine & Spirits shops but leaving beer distributors open.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

[QUOTE=Mikey;1436903]For the most part Republican's are usually bad at disasters

It usually comes down to their excessive penny-pinching and not caring about poor people whatsoever.

Isn’t Trump sending checks to those being unemployed because of this situation?

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

I think Brian was pretty clear that we needed to knock off the politics discussion about 20 posts ago. Since then, everybody has been respectful of that. If you went back far enough to see the comments you are quoting, surely you saw his post as well.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎