Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I got the flu last year and it was horrible. My heart pounded for a week straight, I was lucky if I could sleep for two hours a night, and it really messed me up.

I don’t feel confident that I’ll just get the Covid and be fine.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      I got the flu last year and it was horrible. My heart pounded for a week straight, I was lucky if I could sleep for two hours a night, and it really messed me up.

I don’t feel confident that I’ll just get the Covid and be fine.

I feel kinda funny today, actually. My facial hair grew out 14.5 inches overnight and I grew seven inches. I must have contracted Covalt-19
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^Jeez, hope that's catching.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Random Axe
          I feel kinda funny today, actually. My facial hair grew out 14.5 inches overnight and I grew seven inches. I must have contracted Covalt-19
          If that's confirmed, please cough on me in the hopes that someday I'll be able to sculpt a head that isn't cross-eyed.

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            Considering how few people have actually done this, it's probably hard to find them. Only about half the people who have officially contracted Covid-19 and have gotten symptoms have been cleared as "recovered". Lots of people who have it, may not die, but will likely never be the same again or are currently on ventilators. This isn't the flu.

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            where do you get that info? Clearly people are recovering from it or the death toll would be in the tens of thousands already. it is the elderly and people with pre-existing conditions that are not recovering and dying. all accounts I have otherwise heard, is that it is no worse than a cold or mild case of the flu
            A little under 70,000 have already recovered from it, but he's right about one thing: This isn't the flu. The flu is far worse and kills many, many more every year. And just like with Corona, elderly people with compromised immune systems are the highest risks.
            You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

My Vaccine of choice.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

We are so screwed.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by J.B.
                  A little under 70,000 have already recovered from it, but he's right about one thing: This isn't the flu. The flu is far worse and kills many, many more every year. And just like with Corona, elderly people with compromised immune systems are the highest risks.
                  The flu doesn't typically cause kidney failure. At any rate, the concern is not with the disease but our ability and available resources to respond to it. Multiple treatments, including innoculation, are available address influenza strains.

Speaking as a healthcare professional who has just concluded a hellish week of preparations and precautions, I'll take "overeacting" to undereacting every time. Italy, anyone?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Italy, anyone?
                    Oh, but that's Italy. Americans have better everything. Why, that could never happen here. Not with our more robust American immune systems!

Comment

• MegoSteve
                      Superman's Pal
                      • Jun 17, 2005

A little under 70,000 have already recovered from it, but he's right about one thing: This isn't the flu. The flu is far worse and kills many, many more every year.
                      Frankly, the fact that 70,000 people have recovered from it is not that great when the total number of confirmed cases is over 130,000. So far.

The death rate of the flu is 1 in 1000.

In Italy, the death rate for COVID-19 is 68 in 1000. They did not take social distancing seriously, and are now paying the price because their hospitals are completely overwhelmed.

The world death rate for COVID-19 is 37 in 1000.

In the U.S., the death rate for COVID-19 has been 25 in 1000 as of Friday's numbers from the CDC.

Please stop spreading misinformation. Ask a scientist if COVID-19 is more severe. It's fine if you don't want to take it seriously, but spreading lies about COVID-19's severity does not help anyone.

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                        Frankly, the fact that 70,000 people have recovered from it is not that great when the total number of confirmed cases is over 130,000. So far.

The death rate of the flu is 1 in 1000.

In Italy, the death rate for COVID-19 is 68 in 1000. They did not take social distancing seriously, and are now paying the price because their hospitals are completely overwhelmed.

The world death rate for COVID-19 is 37 in 1000.

In the U.S., the death rate for COVID-19 has been 25 in 1000 as of Friday's numbers from the CDC.

Please stop spreading misinformation. Ask a scientist if COVID-19 is more severe. It's fine if you don't want to take it seriously, but spreading lies about COVID-19's severity does not help anyone.
                        MegoSteve, I ask for your forgiveness for spreading misinformation. BTW, What's your Perfect Album?

Comment

• MegoSteve
                          Superman's Pal
                          • Jun 17, 2005

MegoSteve, I ask for your forgiveness for spreading misinformation. BTW, What's your Perfect Album?
                          No worries, man. We are all in this together. I really hope that you are right and it isn't as bad as some of the doomsayers are predicting. If we come out of this craziness with fewer deaths as a result, it will be a huge win.

I haven't listened to an album in a long time. Back in the olden days 20 or 30 years ago, I would have said U2's Joshua Tree. These days, I mostly listen to Spotify on radio mode or podcasts.
                          Last edited by MegoSteve; Mar 14, '20, 6:20 PM.

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Matt and Noah Colvin, Tennessee scumbags:

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Welp, as of 9:00 PM tonight, the governor of Ohio has closed all restaurants and bars in Ohio until further notice. They can do take out, but no dine in. My job is (was) as part of the kitchen staff at a restaurant, so I am currently laid off/unemployed until the executive order is rescinded when the crisis has passed. My wife is still working (she's a banker) and we survived on just her salary alone when I was laid up for 4 months a couple years back, so we'll get by with some belt tightening and frugalness, but there's a lot of folks not in a position to whether this like I am (including some of my co-workers). Waiting to hear tomorrow what they details are for changes int he unemployment insurance compensation the governor is supposed to make for all the displaced workers created by this executive order.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Confessional
                                Matt and Noah Colvin, Tennessee scumbags:

https://www.sfgate.com/business/arti...d-15131584.php
                                love how innocent they act.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎