X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
    That's the scary thing about this virus. I have asthma, so I'm terrified of catching this. As long as my company is ok with me continuing to work from home, I'll continue to practice social distancing as long as I can or feel I need to (not going to let some clueless politician,whomever it may be, tell me not to worry).
    I feel the same way. I have high blood pressure and a heart condition, my wife has asthma. we are both terrified. we have everything delivered and everything is wiped down before being brought in. even had to tell my son he can't come home anymore because he refused to stop hanging out with his buddies. that's a real tough one, but he was putting us all at risk

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      But it's still OK if I use the aerosol like a flame thrower and burn the virus off my skin, right?

When I saw your first post about injecting I honestly thought you were making a joke. Then I "looked into it" and OMG it's true. I need to pull out Idiocracy and start to prepare for our future.
      The future is here.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        I feel the same way. I have high blood pressure and a heart condition, my wife has asthma. we are both terrified. we have everything delivered and everything is wiped down before being brought in. even had to tell my son he can't come home anymore because he refused to stop hanging out with his buddies. that's a real tough one, but he was putting us all at risk
        Obviously, information on this virus is still developing but I read in several places that having Asthma may not put you at greater risk, despite both having a connection to oxygen exchange. I'm not sure how this works, but maybe its because asthma is the inflammation of the bronchi and bronchioles (the air pathways) and COVID 19 attacks the alveoli (the sacs that transfer oxygen to the blood). According to Science magazine, it looks like COVID 19 the ACE 2 receptors on the alveoli walls. ACE2 receptors are all over the body which is why researchers think it also can attack blood vessels, the heart, the brain, etc. Again, this is all still preliminary research, but interesting.

Here is a really good article on the most recent info on what scientists do and do not know about COVID-19-
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Wee67
          Obviously, information on this virus is still developing but I read in several places that having Asthma may not put you at greater risk, despite both having a connection to oxygen exchange. I'm not sure how this works, but maybe its because asthma is the inflammation of the bronchi and bronchioles (the air pathways) and COVID 19 attacks the alveoli (the sacs that transfer oxygen to the blood). According to Science magazine, it looks like COVID 19 the ACE 2 receptors on the alveoli walls. ACE2 receptors are all over the body which is why researchers think it also can attack blood vessels, the heart, the brain, etc. Again, this is all still preliminary research, but interesting.

Here is a really good article on the most recent info on what scientists do and do not know about COVID-19-
          https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ody-brain-toes
          Thanks for that information, I didn't stop to think that the virus affects a different part of the lungs compared to asthma inflammation, that makes sense and puts me a bit at ease at least.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Facts and perspective [still] matter too:

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Confessional
              Facts and perspective [still] matter too:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/h...etnam-war-cvd/
              other than 9/11 all of those events took years to amass the counts. Up to 63K today February 6th to today.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                other than 9/11 all of those events took years to amass the counts. Up to 63K today February 6th to today.
                Yep, the virus has now killed more in the US than the Vietnam War took in twenty years.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

72 protestors who attended the April 24th anti stay at home rally in Madison Wisconsin have tested positive for Covid. Please don't do this stuff. The mask, social distancing and stay at home orders are for your own safety.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Here's a concise take down of said [sic] propaganda: https://www.npr.org/2020/05/08/85245...video-s-claims

… after you read it, reward yourself with a some A-wop-bop-a-loo-bop-a-wop-bam-boom! and remember to thank your momma this weekend if you're so fortunate to still have one.
                    Last edited by Confessional; May 9, '20, 12:26 PM. Reason: …What a Wonder World!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Confessional
                      Here's a concise take down of said [sic] propaganda: https://www.npr.org/2020/05/08/85245...video-s-claims
                      Thanks, I was casually looking for it to blow Marion out of the water.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        72 protestors who attended the April 24th anti stay at home rally in Madison Wisconsin have tested positive for Covid.
                        Well, color me shocked. Idiots.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Thanks, I was casually looking for it to blow Marion out of the water.
                        Sadly you won't ever be able to change the opinion of people like that, it's not even worth it (but understand where you are coming from )

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎