X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

12 inch FTC Clark Kent VS 12 inch Mego Superman Question

Could the clothes and glasses of the 12 inch FTC Clark Kent fit on the original 12 inch Mego Superman? I was pondering if I could customize a 12 inch Clark Kent from the Christopher Reeve Superman figure. Inquiring mind wants to know,
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

The glasses probably won’t work well as the Reeves Superman head doesn’t have exposed ears.

The FTC 12” body is the smaller one (used on vintage KISS, comic style Superman) as opposed to the really muscular body (used on magnetic Batman, Buck Rogers) so the clothes would probably fit if the Reeves body is the smaller one.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Wouldn't there be an issue with the clothes because FTC's are 12" and Mego is 12.5"? Or was that just the Parkdale figures that were 12.5"?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TRDouble
        Wouldn't there be an issue with the clothes because FTC's are 12" and Mego is 12.5"? Or was that just the Parkdale figures that were 12.5"?
        FTC repro’ed the production Mego body, so it’s theoretically the same, but there definitely could be some shrinkage.

I have a set of the FTC 12” Kiss figures and I didn’t notice much size difference between those and my Mego originals. There could be, however. I didn’t measure them or anything.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎