X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by drquest
    The NHL has announced suspension of the season as well. I assume MLB will be following as well.

Stay safe of there?
    MLB just announced they will delay the start of the season by 2 weeks, and a number of college basketball conferences just cancelled their conference tournaments.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by hedrap
      I hope you have good internet service Frederico! And catch up on your reading!

The States are entering pocket closedowns. If the NCAA tournament is shelved, we will enter a truly historical moment time of almost no live sports.
      And the NCAA just cancelled the men's and woman's basketball tournaments. MLS has also suspended its season and the ITF/ATP have cancelled all tennis events for six weeks. So it is essentially happening.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

The Mouse House is locking down; it's definitely all in motion now.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

sporting events will be played with no audience. they are talking about postponing the Olympics. game shows are filming with no audience too

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

just heard New York City is about to be put under quarantine too.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

The Boston Marathon just canceled and instead will run in September. The Supermarkets are a free for all, I heard people are fighting over rolls of toilet paper, and some Churches are canceling weekend masses. Don’t get me wrong I know this is serious times but it’s not the world coming to an end or an Alien invasion, it’s using common sense, keeping your hands clean, not touching anything or anyone in public or public transportation and watch the elderly which it effects the most.

The sports bars are going to lose money since, #1 there’s no sports to watch, and #2 people are just to afraid to go to public restaurants, it’s like a terrorist act, I know it’s better to be safe than sorry, but let’s keep are senses and not over react, I mean really people, pushing and shoving over a roll of toilet paper?

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

I was just at the supermarket (in Fenway in Boston). It was busy and bare, but nobody was elbowing or anything crazy. Its like a calm mania if there is such a thing. I did throat punch an old lady before she grabbed the last quart of chocolate chip ice cream, though. Gots to have my Breyers!
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i went to the supermarket yesterday morning, some shelves were bare but I only needed essentials like milk, bread and beer anyway. a lot of the stores are wiped out though, it's crazy. just stay indoors and be safe for a bit. no need to take chances although I suspect we will all end up getting it. maybe that's better anyway as we are then immune to this strain

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Now the rest of the US understands hurricane season hysteria. Well, except no electric or internet. And the joys of hunting down gasoline.
                    Last edited by thunderbolt; Mar 14, '20, 4:34 PM.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 26, 2008

After 1 week of National quarantine... the virus is still spreading!

Spain was locked down yesterday as well... that makes 100million europeans in quarantine...now!!

I am afraid many more millions will be deprived of their civil rights and freedom for this pandaemia.
                      Federico

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

hang in there Federico. we all just have to hunker down and ride out the storm. it's all being done to protect everyone and stop this thing.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Be well Federico. Know that you have friends here who are thinking of you, and are appreciative of your updates.

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 26, 2008

Hey guys!
                            Schools are closed ever since 24th of february... commercial activities total Lockdown ever since the 8th of March... yesterday they closed all parks nationwide and it is forbidden to go running or walking in public locations.
                            People are already starting to get nervous... and we still don't see the spread slowing down!

We will never give up but be prepared...because if this virus hits hard, similar measures will be taken in other places as well!

God Bless us all!!

Federico

Comment

• alex
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 15, 2009

Well I think most borders have been closed here in europe, its their own mistake, shouldve of just shut China down as soon as anything was heard. Poland is on complete lockdown, shops/conveniance/drug stores are open still. Schools have been shut, people working from home, and I reckon its going to be like this till may. God knows how long Ill be working , as I work from home doing Market Research, and if companys go **** up, then I wont have anyone to call, plus MR being a luxury, will be the first to go, when companys are trying to get up from the floor, after all this blows over. Its certainly going to be a chain reaction for every possible sector. Interesting little site below, giving U updates on deaths and people with it. Zgony = Deaths

Last edited by alex; Mar 17, '20, 5:42 AM.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                                Made in the USA
                                • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by alex
                                Its certainly going to be a chain reaction for every possible sector. Interesting little site below, giving U updates on deaths and people with it. Zgony = Deaths

https://korona.ws/?fbclid=IwAR0Wqu-l...iGOyclr2YsLfdk
                                Coronavirus Dashboard:

Live coronavirus dashboard tracker. See data, maps, social media trends, and learn about prevention measures.
                                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎